No announcement yet.

Ordering wheelchair online.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, the discontinued "narrow" wing is the same width as the standard wing. The rearward taper is what changed, providing more usable depth.

Comment

@Kona We have a customer who lives in Hawaii that might be willing to let you take a look at her Icon so that you can see one in person, but she's in Honolulu.....I could also do a Skype call with you to show you what it does and how it does it if you want.

Thanks to everyone for such kind words - very much appreciated.

We have a wider front end that's on the way - it's been an incredibly long process, partly because we had to remake the tooling for it twice. It will be 3" wider than our current one, and a couple inches deeper. We should have samples in, hopefully in 4-6 weeks, and after testing, we'll kick off a production run.

Comment

Originally posted by -scott- View Post
        FYI, the discontinued "narrow" wing is the same width as the standard wing. The rearward taper is what changed, providing more usable depth.
        I thought the discontinued narrow was the original wing that came out that was too narrow for most people, hence being called pediatric? I'm trying to remember the measurements on the order form. I know what you're talking about with the change in the shape, but I didn't think the actual width changed when they did that, but rather the shape of the standard wing. Jeff, can you clarify?
        Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Both the original and the current front wing have a footrest that is 10 1/2" inside to inside. The current wing has more space going back to from the front - essentially a bigger envelope for legs to be in. The original wing kind of "wedged" backwards - it was a nice line and aesthetic, but not a great shape or size.

I'm traveling right now, but there is a photo on here somewhere of one overlaid on the other.

Comment

Why were they referred to as narrow and wide when the depth was changed and not the width? Thats obviously my confusion here. I've seen the picture of them overlaid and I could have sworn there was a difference in width and not depth alone.
            Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

The width was changed in practical terms - the "narrow" part of the original one was narrow because of the wedge shape - where peoples legs ended up was in the part of the wing that narrowed from the 10 1/2" starting point.

Comment

I didn't come across the photo I was thinking of, but found this one http:///forum/attachment.php?attachm...1&d=1406683956

And that goes along with what you just said, the WING is definitely narrower. The confusion comes when one person is referring to footrest width (which didn't change) and wing width (which did). I was referring to wing width, scott was referring to footrest width. Not sure which Donno was referring to yet lol.

Edit: And here I finally come across the one I was thinking of.

Depth changes, made me think of the slight difference between placement of the bar going across in the previous picture, and in this picture. Which is what I meant when I previously said I didn't think the width changed at the time the depth changed.
                Last edited by ~Lin; 29 Jan 2015, 9:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X