No announcement yet.

Caster Fork Padding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@roller - the velcro thing seems like a good idea - do you find that stuff sticks to it though?

@chef - Home Depot has 2" wide too, easier to buy from than McMaster sometimes.

Comment

Is the answer caster size? I don't have a caster issue with either my upstairs or downstairs chairs, both of which have 3 inch casters. They fit under counters if get that close. I have tried a ZR in the house that has double sided forks with 5 inch casters. That experiment did not last long. Backing out of the bathroom the caster reversed direction and broke an integral part of a folding wooden door.
      I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Regarding "... the velcro ... do you find that stuff sticks to it ..." - the opposite type (i.e, hook for loop or loop for hook) can be affixed to the applied Velcro patch so that it will not be quite so attractive to things that might stick to it.

Incidentally, the two inch wide Velcro labeled "Industrial Strength" (sold by Lowe's, link not allowed) adheres sufficiently to metal wheelchair components. A fifteen feet long roll sells for about $40.

Comment

Hey guys, I guess my house gets butchered because it's not built for a chair. I'd love to have "roll under" sinks/counters etc but I sit somewhere between 0 & 45* on to my sink to shave, brush teeth, cook, prep etc. Don't miss what you never had I guess though I do dream of one day having a custom built kitchen and bathroom with roll under everything!
          I've never had frog legs, the single sided forks that came on my TR3 stuck out like dogs bollocks so instead of scratching everything I started more of a carving and gauging/demolition approach. Within two weeks I ordered the regular double sided forks and then spent guts of a day around the house with sand paper and bees wax!
          The velcro was a cheap and easy fix, I use the fury side, it gets a bit of stuff stuck on it over time but it's a 5cent replacement every strip I cut and eliminates probably 80% of the scratching. There's probably better remedies out there but between work and hobbies time can be tight as I'm sure some of you can relate!
          One more thing... Anyone looking to buy brand new 25 559 LX spinergys?? There on the equipment page

Comment

I can't fibd hand rim covers. Does anyone where to get them?
            Never Give Up!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAbleChef View Post
              I can't fibd hand rim covers. Does anyone where to get them?
              Expensive for what you get:
              https://www.southwestmedical.com/category/Hand-Rims/1333

This is better:
              http://www.livingspinal.com/Vinyl-Pu...w-prc5-459.htm
              Last edited by nonoise; 01-16-2015, 07:50 PM.
              I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Working...
              X