Kia Soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kia Soul

Does anyone have this conversion with the rear ramp? I'd like to know your experiences with it.
    C-6/7 incomplete

Do you have pictures?

Comment

google is your friend.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_10350_4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	2658365Click image for larger version

Name:	KiaSoul3.jpg
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	2658366

pretty sweet, for a roll-in set-up. Nice easy ramp.
      Wonder what kind of swivel driver seat can be installed to allow the user to transfer and drive.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	KiaSoul1.jpg
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	2658367

Comment

just noticed - no power deployed ramp. For passenger use with chauffeur only.

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
          just noticed - no power deployed ramp. For passenger use with chauffeur only.
          There is a power ramp and driver options. There are videos of the options on youtube. I would prefer the full lowered floor in the Kivi build, but that appears to be only available in Italy and a few Euro countries. Here is the the US dealer (builder?) of that Aussie design.

http://www.accessiblewheels.com/New-Kia-Soul.php
          C-6/7 incomplete

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmEG...w&spfreload=10

At just after 4:30 is the self-drive model. They don't show a wheelchair drive model for the Soul but do have one for the Sedona. Again, another reason why that Kivi build seems to be more adaptable (not to mention the ability have driver and passenger in wheelchairs).
            C-6/7 incomplete

Comment

cool. I'm tired of vans. but I wonder if people have had the ramps run over from rear ramps. parking would be much easier though, except parallel would be out.
              Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Keep in mind the actual height of the interior of these modifications. I saw a couple Freedom Motors conversions in similar vehicles...seems that you would have to be really short, or a child, to use these things as intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                  Keep in mind the actual height of the interior of these modifications. I saw a couple Freedom Motors conversions in similar vehicles...seems that you would have to be really short, or a child, to use these things as intended.
                  The interior height is quoted as 58-60 inches which is pretty much in line with the heights of most side entry minivans.
                  C-6/7 incomplete

Comment

btw-this is the Kivi. I don't quite know what the specs are, but I really love the completely open floor, so that it can be configured for many possibilities. Does anyone know whether/how one might go about getting one brought to the US to use? Is it just impossible because of some kind of safety regulations?

http://www.car-conversion.com
                    C-6/7 incomplete

Comment

Working...
                    X