No announcement yet.

Carrying stuff while in chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Sullivan, great ideas! I have scouted also, and frequently use things for other than their intended purposes. You can make some funky style statements!

I decided to go with the Active Dogs bag, and it is beautiful with custom embroidery, personalized name or saying and choice of specialty patches. I got the Service Dog patch, with German shepherd head, and the saying, "Better together..." Bag is insulated for carrying food. Water bottle holder is perfect for standard 20oz bottle and is placed between legs for ready access. Handy cellphone holder on front. And it is built like a tank, while not heavy. Zipper looks durable, and can be pulled from either side. Fabric will be durable and easy to clean (washable in front loader). Easy to take off for carrying with built-in handle; I added a shoulder strap that I already had. Everything is held securely and protected from dirt and weather. Here is a link: http://www.activedogs.com/product/21...ag-under-seat/
    Last edited by WaveWolf; 16 Feb 2015, 3:57 AM. Reason: more ideas

Comment

Great find! The underseat bag I use is no longer available, and it's beginning to wear out. The bag you found looks great! Thanks for posting the link
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

I use a soft sided small fishing tackle box that I found at Dick's Sporting Goods. I removed the shoulder strap and used the hooks for the shoulder strap on the back to attach it to my chair. I use a high strength zip tie on each side. It is large enough to carry phone, keys, wallet, catheters, etc but small enough to not keep slamming me in the back of the legs or hang too far down. I have gotten creative since my journey in wheelchair life began!
        "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
        X