Ride design custom cushion info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride design custom cushion info

I have just purchased a ride custom cushion, presently have a wound on my left butt bone area and am wondering if I sit on the new cushion if it will cause pressure on that area even if it's not touching ? Does anyone have personal experience with this type of cushion and dealing with wounds ? Thanks

While this will protect the wound from pressure, you can still get stretch/shear damage, and sitting on it can increase edema (swelling) in the wound, which can impair healing. Unless you have settled for this being a chronic open wound forever, and not anticipating it to heal, it would be best not to sit, even on a custom made Ride cushion.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I am awaiting flap surgery and was wondering if I can spend any time up in my chair until the surgery ? Right now in bed full time on my back. With my leg elevated no pressure on wound.

Comment

When is your flap surgery? Our plastic surgeons will not do flap surgery until they have seen that the person can comply with total bedrest pre-operatively. Sitting can make the wound deeper, and more difficult to flap.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
        X