Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PedalGo/QuicStick portable hand controls?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Very innovative. Do you have any pics of how they attach to the pedals?

    Comment


    • #17
      Very nice fabrication job!
      How critical is it regarding pulling up on the throttle pedal when pushing down on the brake handle? I would think you'd have to move your hand over top of the brake push-rod?
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

      Comment


      • #18
        http://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Staff-...=hand+controls

        I have used most portables and have found these to be an excellent choice. The thumb type really hurt my thumb joints. Have driven many thousands of miles in many country's using the above. Only problem, I'm starting to find it tricky to attach to some newer cars pedals!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by roller View Post
          http://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Staff-...=hand+controls

          I have used most portables and have found these to be an excellent choice. The thumb type really hurt my thumb joints. Have driven many thousands of miles in many country's using the above. Only problem, I'm starting to find it tricky to attach to some newer cars pedals!
          Those look much better than most temps. Does the chain, (is that a chain?) hooked to the brake attachment assembly have a purpose?
          I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

          Comment


          • #20
            Hey nonoise, how are ya?
            That chain is a backup safety for when your clamp falls off the brake pedal! I've never lost the clamp off the brake pedal, once or twice on the throttle but was no big drama.
            Personally I haven't seen or used another set of temps that I'm comfortable with. The one issue I found last month while back in Ireland, was fitting the throttle clamp to a few different newer car pedals. Even throttle pedals are made from molds these days so they tend not all to be flat on the back side. I added zip ties to get the warm and fuzzy

            Comment


            • #21
              getting the accel pedal attached is a PITA

              I made this little aluminum adapter that fits many apps. You wind the little bungee cord around several times and hook the loose end into the perforated sheet metal strip.
              I have also used a small "C" clamp to secure it.

              And I'm still not understanding how it is viable to use the accelerator pedal to handle the lifting force when it becomes the fulcrum of the lever pushing down the brake.
              Isn't it necessary to put your hand over the end of the brake pushrod to apply brakes without ripping out the accel pedal?
              69yo male T12 complete since 1995
              NW NJ

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                I made this little aluminum adapter that fits many apps. You wind the little bungee cord around several times and hook the loose end into the perforated sheet metal strip.
                Don't see the pic, but good idea on a bungee cord...better than my 3 ziptie mess I had to make for the DBW pedal attachement with my portables. I'll try that next time I use 'em...should be more 'portable' that way

                Comment


                • #23
                  Had a friend with portble that fell apart while he was driving about 45mph. Hit another car and totaled his. Multiple injuries etc and insurance balked at paying because he altered the h/c. So be aware of any changes you make to adaptive devices as it may void your insurance.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    here it is
                    Attached Files
                    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                    NW NJ

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      This is what I worry about. But then again who of us has money.......


                      Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                      Had a friend with portble that fell apart while he was driving about 45mph. Hit another car and totaled his. Multiple injuries etc and insurance balked at paying because he altered the h/c. So be aware of any changes you make to adaptive devices as it may void your insurance.
                      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Anyone have a set of these for sale?

                        Originally posted by roller View Post
                        http://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Staff-...=hand+controls

                        I have used most portables and have found these to be an excellent choice. The thumb type really hurt my thumb joints. Have driven many thousands of miles in many country's using the above. Only problem, I'm starting to find it tricky to attach to some newer cars pedals!
                        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Joe-MN View Post
                          Anyone have a set of these for sale?
                          Keep an eye on Ebay

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I am, but I thought I would try here first.

                            You seemed to have used this control alot. Have you used in on rental cars in the US? And if so, ever any problems with the rental company not allowing it? Seems it woulb be a lot easier than having to reserve a handcontrol equipped car, and then there being a problem with the car.


                            Originally posted by roller View Post
                            Keep an eye on Ebay
                            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Yes Joe, have used them for years on many different rental cars throughout lower 48 and Hawaii. Never had any issues with rental company regarding this.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X