Tire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire question

I have 25 X 540 inflatables and am wanting to get inserts, Shox. But the only options are 24 X 540 and 25 X 559. Which should I get that would fit?
    Thanks

25 x 540 are 24 x 1. What size rims do you have?

Comment

Not certain Kristopher. Have never really paid too much attention to all this stuff really until got these inflatables which I hate. Dont think that there is a size on them.

Comment

It seems as though you are running 24s according to the measurements you suggested. I would recommend staying with 540s for your order. They should fit. (24s are pretty standard order for many DMEs unless you request 25s)

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastiang View Post
          I have 25 X 540 inflatables and am wanting to get inserts, Shox. But the only options are 24 X 540 and 25 X 559. Which should I get that would fit?
          Thanks
          It sounds like you are talking about the size displayed on the sidewall of your tires (25-540). These are metric measurements (25mm width by 540mm diameter). You probably have 1" wide Primo type tires. That's the 25mm part. The 540 is equivalent to 24" tires on wheelchairs. If you're buying Shox, you should get 24" x 1" or 25-540 size. Most wheelchair rims are one inch wide, although there are some odd mag wheel rim bead sizes.

Comment

You should also note that Shox are not "inserts." They're solid tires that mount in one piece. They're also difficult to mount with hand tools.

Comment

24 and 25 refer to the tire width in mm. 540, 559, etc refer to the rim diameter of the wheel in mm. so a 24-540 is 24mm wide and 540 inside diameter, which is roughly equivalent to a 24"x1". The mm sizing is a worldwide standard; the inch sizing is not. Use the mm (ETRTO) sizing to ensure fit.

Here is a pic of a yellow insert, which replaces the tube inside a pneumatic tire of your choice (match available sizes) (click pic for link):
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Kenda Airless Inserts.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	2658160

Here is a pick of solid tire, which replaces an entire tire/tube combination. (click pic for link):
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Shox solid tires.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	2658161
              Chas
              TiLite TR3
              Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
              I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
              <
              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

I have solid tires love them

Comment

thanks all

Comment

Working...
                  X