Sleep number question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
    we have the p5 king dual chamber, absolutely love it. also adjustable base. love that too
    Do you have the flex top or the split king? I'm wondering about sheets for the flex top.

Comment

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
      Do you have the flex top or the split king? I'm wondering about sheets for the flex top.
      we didn't get the split, I was concerned about that mid section when moving around. dual chamber, 1 mattress but the base is split then they sync them together. im good after pumping to 100 for dressing ect
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

We are getting the flex top because I like to sleep with my head up some and my fianc?e likes to lay flat. I was worried about the split king because of the gap between the two mattresses. My luck I would get on that gap somehow and cause big problems. Do you both lay flat? Any issues with the mattress?

Comment

We have an older split king, about 9 yrs, it has worked great for us. I had to look up the FlexFit top, that is a weird kinda hybrid, would work as long as you and partner always had your feet at the same setting. My wife keeps hers different from me so would not work for us. You're right, sheets can only come from Select Comfort, nobody else will have those, bet they ain't cheap either. But we get our sheets from them anyways, since a split king uses 2 twin bottom sheets and 1 king top sheet, not a popular set elsewhere either.

I'm a para, so the split is not a problem for me when moving around, but I have sunk my arm down in it a few times as I was moving, so could be something to watch for as a quad, but I don't think it would be a deal breaker.

I sleep at 35, and 100 for moving around, have not had a failure in the pump or chambers the whole time. I did have some tubing problems early on, but they sent me all new connections and have not had a problem since. Kind of amazing, the pump gets used a lot, hope I don't just jinx myself.

edit: Oh, and ours was called the 5000 model at the time, probly like the P5 now, just go for how much padding you want. Also, the 5000 was the first model with the quieter pump back then, don't know if they still have diff pumps, but make sure and listen to the pump on the model you are looking at, the other pump was really loud.
          Last edited by McDuff; 30 Sep 2014, 2:40 PM.
          "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Originally posted by McDuff View Post
            We have an older split king, about 9 yrs, it has worked great for us. I had to look up the FlexFit top, that is a weird kinda hybrid, would work as long as you and partner always had your feet at the same setting. My wife keeps hers different from me so would not work for us. You're right, sheets can only come from Select Comfort, nobody else will have those, bet they ain't cheap either. But we get our sheets from them anyways, since a split king uses 2 twin bottom sheets and 1 king top sheet, not a popular set elsewhere either.

I'm a para, so the split is not a problem for me when moving around, but I have sunk my arm down in it a few times as I was moving, so could be something to watch for as a quad, but I don't think it would be a deal breaker.

I sleep at 35, and 100 for moving around, have not had a failure in the pump or chambers the whole time. I did have some tubing problems early on, but they sent me all new connections and have not had a problem since. Kind of amazing, the pump gets used a lot, hope I don't just jinx myself.
            I'm a quad. That's why I was concerned about the split king. The feet setting isn't a problem. I can lay with them flat and she can lay with them up some. The sheets I'm going to show my aunt. She is a seamstress and might be able to make us a few sets. If not we will get them from sleep number. The are around $200. Ouch!

Comment

we buy our sheets at sleep number 2-250 a set. well worth it thou. we like the satin type ones lyco or something. be sure and getthe guaranteed mattress cover. anything goes through they replace no questions.
              Bike-on.com rep
              John@bike-on.com

Comment

we buy our sheets at sleep number 2-250 a set. well worth it thou. we like the satin type ones lyco or something. be sure and getthe guaranteed mattress cover. anything goes through they replace no questions.
                The sheets are good? I was reading reviews and a lot of people said they were tearing within a year. The mattress cover is already on the to get list.

Comment

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
                  The sheets are good? I was reading reviews and a lot of people said they were tearing within a year. The mattress cover is already on the to get list.
                  we have our original 2 sets an no issues at all. buy the good sheets......and im sure we are harder on sheets than ab's. all the scooting with transfers and stuff
                  Bike-on.com rep
                  John@bike-on.com

Comment

we have our original 2 sets an no issues at all. buy the good sheets......and im sure we are harder on sheets than ab's. all the scooting with transfers and stuff
                    Ok. Thanks!

Comment

We have an older queen with adjustable base. Not sure of the model but its dual chambers. He sleeps on 80 and I sleep on 40 (he's para from MS) I buy the extra deep pocket sheets anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
                        We have an older queen with adjustable base. Not sure of the model but its dual chambers. He sleeps on 80 and I sleep on 40 (he's para from MS) I buy the extra deep pocket sheets anywhere.
                        Thanks for the reply! The flex top will need special sheets unfortunately. It looks like this.

http://www.sleepnumber.com/flexfit-a...@bellsouth.net

Comment

Oh I see. Well that's neat. I like that other than needing special sheets.

Comment

Working...
                          X