No announcement yet.

hand rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the foam covered handrims and I can't seem to find a replacement for them. They do get chewed up but they are easier on my hands than vinyl or Blax covered handrims. Neither Sportaid nor TAG (The Aftermarket Group) could get me foam covered rims. For some reason they aren't making them anymore. Q Grips seem like the next logical step for now.

Comment

Melrose still have foam covered listed on their websites, so you could try them?

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
        I have the foam covered handrims and I can't seem to find a replacement for them. They do get chewed up but they are easier on my hands than vinyl or Blax covered handrims. Neither Sportaid nor TAG (The Aftermarket Group) could get me foam covered rims. For some reason they aren't making them anymore. Q Grips seem like the next logical step for now.
        They've got Q-grips priced at $250 dollars. Have you tried a set? I think I have a pair, and I think there is a set of vinyl ones on the chair I'm in now since they are grey instead of black. The grey ones are a tiny bit softer than the black ones and the black ones which I think are Q-grips are a bit more slippery than the ones I think are vinyl. Having said all that, I don't see a big advantage of one over the other, but I do not know the cost of vinyl.

I would strongly suggest trying before buying. I got most of my stuff when I was in the collecting and adjusting to my new predicament in life stage.
        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Working...
        X