Getting new tilite TR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting new tilite TR

hey guys, i'm not sure about seat depth. 17" + 0.5 extra" is too long? What do you think? I'm 6.2"
    front angle is 85 deg.
    thanks

Congrat's on getting a new chair. What is your upper leg length? That is more important than your height. Usually they say to measure from the most posterior portion of the buttocks to the posterior surface of the medial hamstring tendon at the back of knee. Subtract what you need for comfort, which is usually about 2".

Just for comparison, my husband who is about 6'1" with an upper leg length of 21.26" has a seat depth of 18" + 1".

I do hope you know what you are doing with measurements, or have someone who does, before getting fitted for a TR, because there is very little adjustment possibility. There are a lot of posts on the forum about measuring if you search around.
    Last edited by elarson; 07-10-2014, 04:54 PM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Congrats Like E says, the TR has limited adjustability. Other Tilite chairs have more (full) adjustability.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tilite Adjustability Terminology.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	2657862
      Last edited by chasmengr; 07-11-2014, 12:33 AM.
      Chas
      TiLite TR3
      Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
      I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
      <
      UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Ya, I'd go with at least 18 depth if I were you, if you have long legs, maybe even 19 inch depth. As far as width, I'm 6 foot 1 inch and a couple hundred pounds and like a 17 inch width, 18 inch is a just a tad too wide and with me loosing weight I'd like to get down to maybe a 16 inch width.
        "Life is about how you
        respond to not only the
        challenges you're dealt but
        the challenges you seek...If
        you have no goals, no
        mountains to climb, your
        soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by feabud View Post
          I'm 6.2"
          Not Making fun of you...BUT...you just told us that you are just over 6 inches tall. I'm sure you mean 6' 2".

As far as your seat depth, unless you have freakishly short legs, you need a seat depth of at least 17", like others are suggesting. I am 5'10" and need 16" + 1" more frame. Most of the sites that sell chairs also have at least basic info on how to measure yourself. I have a TR3 which I ordered myself off Sportaid.
          Last edited by ala; 07-10-2014, 08:33 PM.

Comment

im 6'2 200. just speced a tr. I normally run 17x16 seat with +1. I went +2 this time always 85 frt for me.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com
            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I was told by my physical therapist(who measured me and does seat mapping) and the DME said that going longer on the seat depth would support the thighs more and which would help take some pressure off the buttocks and help the legs from frogging out. I am 5'11" and they told me to go with a 19" depth. I would still have about 1.25" clearance to the back of my legs to the front of the seat. I noticed that none of you seem to go that long with the depths of your seats. Does anyone see any problems/drawbacks with going this long on the depth?
              Last edited by Mike_Stan; 07-11-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Stan View Post
                I was told by my physical therapist(who measured me and does seat mapping) and the DME said that going longer on the seat depth would support the thighs more and which would help take some pressure off the buttocks and help the legs from frogging out. I am 5'11" and they told me to go with a 19" depth. I would still have about 1.25" clearance to the back of my legs to the front of the seat. I noticed that none of you seem to go that long with the depths of your seats. Does anyone see any problems/drawbacks with going this long on the depth?
                that's a lot of seat. I've never specd a 19 deep and I do a lot of chairs. if my seat was 19 I would never get my feet back like I like.
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com

Comment

I'm 6' 1" and 132 pounds. The PT who recently did my evaluation (and the DME) suggested that I go 15" X 19". I think that I have "normal" body proportions, that is, I don't think that I have longer legs than the rest of my body. I want to think that we settled on 15" X 18". The chair does fit reasonably well. I still have some gap between the chair edge and my legs.

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                    im 6'2 200. just speced a tr. I normally run 17x16 seat with +1. I went +2 this time always 85 frt for me.
                    I'll probably do this next time (+2). That way my legs don't bend back to fit on footrest.
                    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Stan View Post
                      I lot of "fit" has to do with the cushion you use. If you only have 1.25" clearance and then use a very thick cushion, it will interfere with your legs bending back at the knees to fit on a 85 or 90 degree front end footrest.

Comment

I think you mean frame depth.
                        Toto's post #3 might be helpful http:///forum/showthread.php?126482-...ght=seat+depth
                        FWIW, I'm 6'2" and prefer a 16WX16D cushion. But I do have one that is 16WX17D. That extra inch is not comfortable.
                        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by ResonantEcho View Post
                          I'll probably do this next time (+2). That way my legs don't bend back to fit on footrest.
                          IT WILL help with that. mine still will bend back. I mainly did it to have just a bit more frame in front of my seat. I have long legs and I like me knees up and frogged a bit.
                          I actually made a lot of changes. went to 25's, came up from 14.5 rsh/18.5 fsh to 15rsh/19fsh . adi back. round bettys from lx's
                          Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com

Comment

I'm getting ready to order one also. Rather than going for the extra 2" frame, I'm going from an 85o to 80o front end. With the 85o my feet are way back underneath me so I figure an 80o will put my feet a little bit further forward. Was okay when I was a jock, but nw I'm looking more for fit and comfort. I'm 6'2 also and use an 18" plus 1" frame extension.

I have a bit of scolosis and was tinkering with the idea of a hard back. The rep dropped of a new Roho solid back but didn't like it as the air back cushion took away any encapsulment I was hoping for.

Comment

I thought about that but I just don't like the look of an 80 rake. I like the basically flat frt end.

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                              I'm getting ready to order one also. Rather than going for the extra 2" frame, I'm going from an 85o to 80o front end. With the 85o my feet are way back underneath me so I figure an 80o will put my feet a little bit further forward. Was okay when I was a jock, but nw I'm looking more for fit and comfort. I'm 6'2 also and use an 18" plus 1" frame extension.

I have a bit of scolosis and was tinkering with the idea of a hard back. The rep dropped of a new Roho solid back but didn't like it as the air back cushion took away any encapsulment I was hoping for.
                              Bike-on.com rep
                              John@bike-on.com

Comment

Working...
                              X