No announcement yet.

TNS Smartwheel all-terrain third wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is another product by the same company that I think is interesting for it's design, the TNS Crossvoorzetwiel. It is specifically made for their TNS RSX wheelchair. What I like is the curved tube over the wheel that keeps it vertical for the caster pivot bearing, but also still allows for a negative rake so that it trails. The RSX appears to have a tubing diameter similar to the TiLite ZRA of 1.25", so maybe there is a chance that we could use something like this. I have no idea about what the price is, and there is not much information on their website.

Attached Files
    Last edited by elarson; 26 Apr 2014, 9:20 AM. Reason: images
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

I have just started a thread about the Modified All-Terrain Third Wheel we are working on. I thought it best to keep it apart from this product specific thread. I'd love to hear any input or suggestions any of you may have.
      Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

finally got a SmartWheel

So after 5 long years, we finally bought a SmartWheel. So far, it is working great and is a good solution for anyone who wants an all-terrain third wheel who can't use a FreeWheel. We couldn't use the FreeWheel because my husband's chair has individual flip-up footrests and we needed to attach it to the front frame. I really like that it is a nice wide tire and that it is a bit more compact than the FreeWheel. It also looks pretty cool if you ask me.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	R.J. Pit - Smartwheel 2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	513.8 KB
ID:	2663454Click image for larger version

Name:	TNS-Smartwheel_01.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	2663452Click image for larger version

Name:	TNS-Smartwheel_02.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	2663453

Comment

Working...
        X