No announcement yet.

New TiLite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get discouraged. When we started looking I was a complete newbie with ultralights, and we did not have an option of a good seating evaluation or PT/OT to help either. It took a lot of research and questions on this forum, but I was able to configure a chair that works well for my husband. If you are not in a rush, take your time and ask a lot of questions. People here are great with helping. Possibly it will help to show some pictures from the front and side for how you sit in your current chair for others more knowledgeable than me to pipe in on.

Originally posted by kurtsang View Post
    That's the problem finding someone qualified. Maybe I should stay in my 30 year old Quickie to avoid the disaster.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

That's the problem finding someone qualified. Maybe I should stay in my 30 year old Quickie to avoid the disaster.
      Does your 30 yr-old Quickie fit you well?

You can always spec a new chair to match the fit of old faithful.

Comment

I was skeptical too. I?m only 5?11? tall my legs are not that long. Not sure what to do now or who to ask.
        I bought a used TiLite ZRA, and it was set up for a 6'+ fellow with long legs that splayed. My seat is 16Wx17D, and frame is extended to 19", with 11.5" footrest. With a contoured seat that places thighs, this has been very comfortable for me and my legs do not splay at all. I thought I would have to pad frame, but there has been no problem unpadded. Also, getting up from floor to chair is much easier with extra frame to brace upon. I am only 5'6", but have long legs, 34" inseam, and my legs splayed painfully in my first chair.

Comment

Working...
        X