No announcement yet.

New TiLite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband likes his Surge rims. Less slippy when wet and not so cold. He only has one hand to push with, so has to make the most of it. They are also holding up well after 1 year.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

On TiLites order form they have a couple of options for rear wheel spacing plugs. A zero play aluminum camber plug and adjustable rear wheel spacing camber plugs. Do you generally recommend that you go with the adjustable in case you need to increase or decrease the spacing? Does the spacing have any effect on adding SureLock or D's Lock brakes later?

Comment

Originally posted by Donnaz View Post
        On TiLites order form they have a couple of options for rear wheel spacing plugs. A zero play aluminum camber plug and adjustable rear wheel spacing camber plugs. Do you generally recommend that you go with the adjustable in case you need to increase or decrease the spacing?
        That's the point of having the spacers.

Does the spacing have any effect on adding SureLock or D's Lock brakes later?
        Makes no difference.
        stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Donna, I have thought lots about which type of camber plug I want. I currently have the standard (on which spacers can be used). For my next chair, I'll get standard again because I may want to change tire widths (1" to 2"). With standard camber tubes, spacers can be used; with zero-play plugs, I'd need a whole different camber tube.
          Chas
          TiLite TR3
          Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
          I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
          <
          UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

On TiLites order form they have a couple of options for rear wheel spacing plugs. A zero play aluminum camber plug and adjustable rear wheel spacing camber plugs. Do you generally recommend that you go with the adjustable in case you need to increase or decrease the spacing? Does the spacing have any effect on adding SureLock or D's Lock brakes later?
            Zero plays give a more performance oriented feel to the chair by reducing play in the camber plugs.

Most people don't change their rws. D's locks can require additional rws depending on what other components are on the chair.
            TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
              That's the point of having the spacers.

[B]

Makes no difference.
              You are correct.
              TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Comment

I had my wheelchair evaluation today and was measured for a TiLite. Normally I have always been in 17”W x 17” D seat. The PT recommended today that since I have long legs that I should increase the depth out to 19" or 20” and by doing this it would help leg splay and take the pressure off the sides of legs from the 11” wide down tubes for the footrest width. I had never heard that lengthening the seat would help leg splay. Has anyone else heard this?

Comment

Originally posted by kurtsang View Post
                  I had my wheelchair evaluation today and was measured for a TiLite. Normally I have always been in 17”W x 17” D seat. The PT recommended today that since I have long legs that I should increase the depth out to 19" or 20” and by doing this it would help leg splay and take the pressure off the sides of legs from the 11” wide down tubes for the footrest width. I had never heard that lengthening the seat would help leg splay. Has anyone else heard this?
                  do you typically have 3"+ between the backs of your knees & your cushion?

did your PT discuss front frame angle?

Comment

Photo: Josh Anderson was having fun at the Tilite booth.

Josh Anderson is the VP of Marketing at TiLite. He's something like 6' 9" tall. Hey, we're all built differently, but chances are your legs aren't longer than his and he's sitting nicely in a relatively compact chair.

Moral of the story: I am skeptical of the advice you're receiving.
                    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Photo: Josh Anderson was having fun at the Tilite booth.

Josh Anderson is the VP of Marketing at TiLite. He's something like 6' 9" tall. Hey, we're all built differently, but chances are your legs aren't longer than his and he's sitting nicely in a relatively compact chair.

Moral of the story: I am skeptical of the advice you're receiving.

I was skeptical too. I’m only 5’11” tall my legs are not that long. Not sure what to do now or who to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by -scott- View Post
                        do you typically have 3"+ between the backs of your knees & your cushion?

did your PT discuss front frame angle?
                        I'm sitting in an old Quickie folder currently. I do have at least 3" between the cushion and the back of my leg in this chair. PT did not really discuss front frame angle. I asked her about going with the 85 degree front frame angle and that was when she said I needed the 19 or 20" seat depth. When I asked if going with 17" seat depth and adding 2" for the custom frame depth she went off about the leg splay and the pressure on the side of the legs and said the seat depth should be increased.

Comment

Unless you are incredibly long legged, that seems extreme. I don't know if this helps for comparison, but my husband in about 6'1" and has an upper leg length of 21.25" with a seat depth of 18" with a custom frame depth of +1" and a front frame angle of 85 degree. He does not have a problem with leg splaying (hemiparesis, not SCI), but there was a recent post about it in the thread TiLite TR3 / First Impressions that might help.

Keep in mind that some cushions do not have as many options at 17" width, e.g., Varilite and Stimulite, and especially with a long seat depth.
                          Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

I'm sitting in an old Quickie folder currently. I do have at least 3" between the cushion and the back of my leg in this chair. PT did not really discuss front frame angle. I asked her about going with the 85 degree front frame angle and that was when she said I needed the 19 or 20" seat depth. When I asked if going with 17" seat depth and adding 2" for the custom frame depth she went off about the leg splay and the pressure on the side of the legs and said the seat depth should be increased.
                            My immediate response to this: find someone more qualified. Correction: find someone qualified; I don't think she knows what she's talking about and I see an order disaster looming.
                            stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

My immediate response to this: find someone more qualified. Correction: find someone qualified; I don't think she knows what she's talking about and I see an order disaster looming.
                              I concur.

Comment

That's the problem finding someone qualified. Maybe I should stay in my 30 year old Quickie to avoid the disaster.

Comment

Working...
                                X