ZX1 Adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triumph View Post
    Thanks for the comments and photo. I guess my lack of crawl mode is ok, yet I must be very careful when operating the joystick in tight spots as it's real "jerky". I had been thinking the crawl mode would help with that. In other words, I would not try to operate my zx1 near the edge of the Grand Canyon.

You can reprogram the controller for better turning control, making it less jerky, Triumph. Pat redid mine but it was too slow in the turns so he sent the programmer too me and I reprogrammed it back.

Comment

Thanks, Patrick. I did have a DME use a programmer to make the slower movement less jerky and it seemed to work for a while, but now back to jerky at very slow maneuvering. May get it done again.

Comment

Interesting to know. Let us know if you experience any negative situations from doing that.

Originally posted by takenaback View Post
        Yeah I just unplugged the cable and screwed out the sensor, no more crawl mode. I could adjust it so it doesn't come on so early but would have to establish a need for it, maybe somebody can justify its existence as a necessity?
        Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Further to the discussion about "crawl mode". I notice in the manual it is mentioned as safe mode. Even though it is not stated that I can see, the commonsense purpose of enabling crawl mode when you have the wheelchair wheels raised above the ground would be balance. No doubt Spinergy's intended purpose I believe.

Now having already gone over sideways in a bus I can understand its purpose but as I still have my tyres touching slightly it is of little use. You can however imagine the rocking and rolling effect created going around corners if the wheelchair wheels are raised to their highest point.

My two bob's worth.

Comment

Working...
          X