Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol your right thanks man was just making sure

Comment

My husband has hemiparesis and we needed individual flip-up footrests in order for him to be able to propel with one foot and also so he could do standing pivot transfers. In case the standard flip-up footrest does not work for you, you could consider a Designs Unlimited modification DU100082 Front frame Rigidizer Bar with individual flip-up footrests. It is available for the TiLite ZR, ZRA, and Aero Z. You will find it in the Designs Unlimited Catalog on page 48. If you search on this site for "DU100082" you will find more information about it. If it is something you find you are interested in, I'll be happy to share what we learned while configuring it for my husbands ZRA. It works very well.
      Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Would like to know that would be nice

Comment

Lumsta, I am happy to help, but you really need to provide more information about what your situation is for transferring and what your questions are. This is not an insignificant modification and will take a lot of thought and consideration on your part, and the part of others, including myself, to be of help. Configuring an ultralight is serious business, and there is a considerable time and knowledge investment. Many here will help, but you need to do some of the leg work first. I also started out as a newbie, so I know how daunting it can be. In general, it is better to provide more, rather than less information. Everyone is so individual that guessing is a very risky business, and not something most of us would want to do. If you search on some of my post threads by viewing my profile you can get an idea about how involved it is. Granted, our situation was a bit more complicated than many, but also less so than others. I think you will be happy to have invested your time in learning, and getting a chair that really works for you. Only you know what is important, and it will probably change many times on the way before you actually decide. Take the time, and you will be rewarded for it everyday when you use it.

P.S. I just sent you a PM, with my newbie perspective of "Choosing a new chair" and how to go about it on the forum.

Originally posted by Lumsta View Post
          Would like to know that would be nice
          Last edited by elarson; 12 Apr 2014, 6:57 PM.
          Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Thanks for the tips

Comment

Will medicare cover Spinergy Wheels?

Comment

From what I've just heard no and you will have a hard time getting a light weight chair.

Comment

Originally posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
                  I sat on Quickie 2 for 10+ years. The thing works fine. Yes moving parts wear. Moving parts on any chair will wear. I will say brakes did loosen rather quick. If you just tighten them, that will only make them wear even faster until you need to replace them. Putting nylon thread tape on the screws will solve this issue. You need be careful with whoever your supplier may be. Many times they only work with 1 manufacturer. Even though Medicare will pay for both Quickie and Tilite your supplier will keep telling you "Medicare" did not approve what you are trying to order. The bottom line was the supplier lying. They either make more $ on the other brand or did not carry it. Tell them you will pay out of pocket, they will get you anything in a heartbeat. I am not aware of Medicare paying for a K0009 titanium chair. Medicare does pay for the K0005 chair. WORK with your supplier. They are trying to make money.M
                  Just wanted to clarify. TiLite has several K0005 chairs. The Aero Z (rigid - mono tube), Aero T (Rigid - dual tube); Aero R (rigid w/ swing aways); and the Aero X (folding - w/ or w/o swing aways) Check out this link to our web site to find a Dealer who works with TiLite. They can help you get a TiLite even if you are on Medicare or Medicaid. http://www.tilite.com/customerservice_dealerlocator.php Don't give up. You are worth it.
                  TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Comment

Haha thank you for that I appreciate it

Comment

What about the e fix power assist

Comment

You really need to provide more information with your questions so people can help you properly. The more detail you can put into a question the better. Like already mentioned, too much information is better than too little here.
                        Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Ok so I went for the wheelchair i just now have to wait for medicare to approve it how long until I should get it?

Comment

So what did you decide on Lumsta?

Comment

I had a Quickie 2, it was the first adjustable chair I had, and I learned a lot during the time I used it. The big things I learned were seat dump and center of gravity adjustment. Over time by changing the adjustments I wound up with a chair I had great setting balance in and could push easier than any manual chair I had up to that point. My first chair was one of the old 65 pound steel tanks. Today I would not get another one because of the weight of the chair. And I have learned I really prefer a rigid framed chair. My old Quickie performed a valuable service for me and was really dependable but there are better options out there now for me.

Comment

I ended up getting the ki mobility rogue wheelchair with power assist the alber e fix just waiting for the chair I guess I'm gonna be waiting a couple months

Comment

Working...
                                X