Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CASTERS !! manual chair - Like/Dislike recommendations. what are you running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weight of the single-sided forks and traditional double-sided forks is a wash. Another advantage of a single-sided fork is that it's less like to scrape and damage furniture, door frames, etc.. etc.
    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

The weight of the single-sided forks and traditional double-sided forks is a wash. Another advantage of a single-sided fork is that it's less like to scrape and damage furniture, door frames, etc.. etc.
      stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Those are the best softroll casters i have tried, a combo with this and single fork will be perfect, can`t be easier to clean.Click image for larger version

Name:	Katana 011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	2657243

Comment

Froglegs Softrolls for me as well, I had pneumatic castors for a while but was fed up of pumping them up!

Simon

Comment

I've been using a pair of Atom Wheels Whip Burn inline skate wheels on my chair for a few years and I like them.

Comment

I use frog leg casters as well. One difference than everyone else is that I also use frog legs suspension forks on my chair. Alot heavier than untine. But help with vibration and bumps etc.

Comment

frog legs 4x1.4 aluminum hub

Click image for larger version

Name:	327770_10150391638143811_2134973528_o (Custom).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	2657291
                Attached Files

Comment

How do you fit the Frogleg 4x1.4 caster on a unitine fork? Aren't they a different size bearing?
                  Push me to the limit,
                  maybe I may bend,
                  but I will not be broken.
                  -Bonnie Raitt

Comment

No, The Unitine fork is made by Froglegs. You can't put the Frogleg casters on a TiLite single-sided fork because of the bearing size issue.
                    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                    T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                      No, The Unitine fork is made by Froglegs. You can't put the Frogleg casters on a TiLite single-sided fork because of the bearing size issue.
                      Now I'm confused, the 4X1.4 froglegs casters fit on standard Tilite forks but not single sided ones? There goes my plans to put my soft-rolls on the new chair if that's true, or I'll have to stick with standard forks, do I have that right?

Comment

Apparently if you want to use the Frogleg 4x1.4 casters on a TiLite with single sided forks you have to buy the Frogleg unitine fork too. They won't fit on the TiLite single sided fork because they use a different bearing.
                        Push me to the limit,
                        maybe I may bend,
                        but I will not be broken.
                        -Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Originally posted by twistties View Post
                          Now I'm confused, the 4X1.4 froglegs casters fit on standard Tilite forks but not single sided ones? There goes my plans to put my soft-rolls on the new chair if that's true, or I'll have to stick with standard forks, do I have that right?
                          It turns out that it is cheaper to order the TiLite with stock forks and replace them yourself with FL Unitines than order single-sided TiLite forks.
                          Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                          T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

Is there much difference between soft roll Frogleg casters and the soft roll casters that TiLite puts on their chairs?

Comment

Originally posted by Donnaz View Post
                              Is there much difference between soft roll Frogleg casters and the soft roll casters that TiLite puts on their chairs?
                              They use different bearings but the ride experience of each is likely virtually the same.
                              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by twistties View Post
                                TiLite has been able to adapt our standard bearing fork and TiLite’s Slipstream Single-sided Fork to work with Frogleg 4x1.4 casters. All you need are the correct right and left axle spacers that will offset the Frogleg 4 x 1.4 caster so it sits in-line with the fork bearings. Or in the case of the Slipstream Single-sided Fork the correct axle (CP104717 Single sided fork axle Frog Leg).

One of our TiLite dealers will be able to order the correct parts you need to match your TiLite fork whether standard or Slipstream Single-sided.
                                TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X