Smart Drive Upgrade to MX1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart Drive Upgrade to MX1

Any smart drive users: Are you planning to upgrade? If you have already upgraded to MX1, how do you like it?
    In the dime stores and bus stations, people talk of situations, read books, repeat quotations, draw conclusions on the wall. ......Bob Dylan

I'm upgrading. It's got an additional new outdoor mode which bypasses the accelerometer such that in order to stop, you have to push one of the two, left or right wired remote buttons. And the battery green light has been moved to the new button locations, so on/off should be easier to see too.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Max Mobility just posted a new youtube video describing the upgrade. See below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SE6z_5HaGg
      In the dime stores and bus stations, people talk of situations, read books, repeat quotations, draw conclusions on the wall. ......Bob Dylan

Comment

The green light seems to be much brighter, and it is now in a visible location.
        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Did they provide a splitter for the switches as the battery has only one input? Did you set up the switches on your chair? I'm looking forward to the upgrade. This should be a nice improvement. Good sign that they are listening to their customers.

Comment

They changed the whole interface system. The remote connection to the battery is now located where the push button was, and there are no lights on the front of the battery. As far as I know the unit will not run without the switches being hooked up as there is no start button without them.

Comment

How much is the upgrade for existing owners?

Comment

Not sure of upgrade cost, but if you are a recent purchaser, you may be upgraded for no charge. Need to check with Max-Mobility.

Comment

Jomp,

The upgrade price is $395 which includes shipping both ways. The $395 price applies regardless of how long ago you purchased a Smart Drive.

Comment

Originally posted by WC_Sage View Post
                    Jomp,

The upgrade price is $395 which includes shipping both ways. The $395 price applies regardless of how long ago you purchased a Smart Drive.
                    Not as bad as I had feared, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by WC_Sage View Post
                      Jomp,

Has anyone done this recently? I'm getting quoted at three times that and I think it is just from two sets of middlemen sticking their hands in the pot and increasing the price even though all they are doing is shipping it to Max Mobility and back.

Comment

Jeff B,

At the time of the referenced post - a bit over a year ago - the MX1 to MX1+ upgrade price was $395 as indicated in the post. Since that time; however, Max Mobility (the manufacturer) has increased the price to $510.

Comment

Working...
                        X