Sure locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure locks

Anyone here know anything about sure locks. I have d's locks on my marvel and I am looking for a better solution . My icon came with adi brakes only problem is my seat sits to low to use them so they had to be removed. It would have been really nice if I could have used them. I am really interested in sure locks and would like some input. Thanks guys!

Not going to be much of an improvement. A fraction of an inch less potential continued roll after flipping the lever, prior to engagement. Perhaps (anecdotally supported) higher quality components and fasteners. The net effect will be pretty much the same, IMHO. What aspect of D's is falling short of your expectations?
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I use d's lock with spinergy spox and when transferring my chair still feels shakey

Comment

I was thinking of trying the sure locks and see if I have better results! Maybe it's just me! I donno. I really wish the adi brakes would have worked.

Comment

Sure locks will wiggle as much. Most of the wiggle is the wheels, in my experience. Wheels with metal spokes helps, a bit. While traditional tire clamp style do hold the chair more firmly in place, they can still slip on you. No matter the wiggle with D's, installed properly, they won't slip. It is a shame you didn't like the ADI brakes. I've always thought of them as top of the line.
          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I do like the adi brakes the just won't work on my set up . I have an icon and when the shock engages they hit the brakes maybe I should contact them

Comment

Contacted adi they said I need to contact icon for the parts I need my camber adjustments tooo short! So I can't move the brakes to the outside of the chair! So I emailed icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity
                Sure locks will wiggle as much. Most of the wiggle is the wheels, in my experience. Wheels with metal spokes helps, a bit. While traditional tire clamp style do hold the chair more firmly in place, they can still slip on you. No matter the wiggle with D's, installed properly, they won't slip. It is a shame you didn't like the ADI brakes. I've always thought of them as top of the line.
                exactly right. you get used to the wiggle. its less on round bettys. stick with your D's. they are my pick, been using for 10 years on several chairs. great product with great service.
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com
                c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Does anyone know how much sure locks cost?

Comment

2. 2 damn much!! LOL! There was a "mention stephen212 from Carecure" at the time of ordering and get them for the discounted price of ~$500, but, I'm not sure if that is an ongoing deal. Their MSRP is like $800.

Comment

Nope, no discount anymore and in my experience the guy is a jerk. I have D's on one chair and surelock on another and there is no functional difference besides an extremely minor difference in engagement speed at the cost of a terrible lever design. The d's lever is much better and the brakes cost way less. I would agree with others that your main issue is the spox. My dino's have much less movement.
                      T4 Complete since 01/01/2012

Comment

Dam that's alot

Comment

I had D's locks on my TiLite, and got sick of the wheel motion. Loved the one hand lock, but sometimes positioning has to be more exact to make a secure transfer, so I switched to Out-Front Composite Scissor Locks (http://bike-on.com/product/out-front...locks-2027.htm). I really like them, as I can lock them easily by pushing the handle toward the wheel with the flat of my hand, no leaning or anything. They leave enough clearance so you can push past them with your hands on the tires at those times that you need to get that last little bit of push going up a van ramp that is a bit too steep without mashing your thumbs
                          Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                          T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

Adi told me what I needed for my adi brakes and I emailed icon. So we will see what happens

Comment

Working...
                            X