Freewheel price increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewheel price increase

Took a look at the Freewheel webpage today because my a/b brother saw one in action today, has Pat really increased the price to $599? http://www.gofreewheel.com/fw/About-the-FreeWheel I thought the $400 I had heard it was previously retailing for was extreme!

$600 and shipping...wow, and I thought I paid the big bucks for a limited market item. That's bordering on nutty at this point. Maybe with less of a toylike front wheel that would sting less.

Comment

Eh yeah $600 is a lot. But what other option do you have? I got mine when it was $500, and I thought it was ridiculous at first. I actually got mad at my wife for spending that much money on such a simple thing... but after using it as much as I use it, it has proven itself to be a worthwhile investment. An extra $100 kind of sucks, but wouldn't be a deal breaker for the amount of use I get out of the thing.

Comment

My perception of Pat and the price will keep me from getting one unless I pick up a used one for around $250 max...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
          Maybe with less of a toylike front wheel that would sting less.
          yup.

Originally posted by nayr
          yeah $600 is a lot. But what other option do you have?
          yup.

Originally posted by nayr
          ...but after using it as much as I use it, it has proven itself to be a worthwhile investment.
          yup.

Comment

Still worth every penny, to me. Sitting in a $5,000 wheelchair, another $600 for so much more mobility is still a no brainer YES for this gimple! Don't forget that every year our money loses 3% of it's value, so, everything goes up in price, by design. Also, in the DME world liability insurance premiums go up as a factor of the number of units sold. Another built in price inflator. With only one product, this is a killer. I know, I know, I know...Pat should be the one business man that doesn't pass on his increased costs to his customers...right?!?!?!
            "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

Everything about good mobility is expensive. You get what you pay for in any market. Heck a smart phone is $600+ (no contract - I pay $8 a month for no-contract service). If the FreeWheel is as durable as I believe, it will provide as much service to me as my smart phone. I hope to get a FW soon.
              Chas
              TiLite TR3
              Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
              I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
              <
              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

I went with the rio firefly myself. Figured if I was coughing up that kind of money might as well get a powered one that saves my shoulders!

Comment

Working...
                X