ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by takenaback View Post
    First of all it's unbelievable that you got five years out of batteries. All I did with the BMS was to get a carer to open the box unclip the little wire connectors and give it a bit of a blow, reconnect and Bob's your uncle. Not saying it will fix your problems.

Spinergy now have a new BMS as I have taken possession of a new ZX1 and I have to tell you something, the Poweriser batteries have some serious guts in comparison to the fusion lithium batteries. I know I was speaking highly of the fusion lithium batteries but I believe the Poweriser batteries are better. Just out of interest I swapped the batteries over and with the new BMS and I managed to get the old fusion batteries to bring the new ZX1 to a lock, in other words the BMS within the batteries acted, but that's okay apart from destroying the battery a little, I knew it would start up again after a couple of minutes so I wasn't stuck. Something I am yet to test with the Poweriser batteries as I haven't been able to get them in slow mode at all. I really want to be sure if the internal battery BMS causes an absolute lock/stop that the battery will come to life again.

I've got several chargers but they're all the same.

Mate no doubt you've got the NDIS get a new ZX1! It's great to have two functional ones.

Cheers
    Steve
    Thanks so much Steve, that info on BMS is great and will try it.
    Interesting how much better the Poweriser seem to be. My old set are still functional. What symptoms do you see that indicate batteries are worn out? That info would be interesting for all.

Will PM you about where you got your new ZX-1 from. They'd have chargers too (need a spare). May try for a new ZX-1 in next NDIS Plan, next year, unless this one fails.

Cheers Colin
    Just love inventing stuff.

Comment

The symptoms I see when the fusion batteries are starting to fail is that it will go into slow mode for the usual 30 seconds or thereabouts climbing moderate slopes and just progressively gets worse going into slow mode on very minor bumps, not to mention needs more frequent charging and the distance one can travel is not the same. I hope the Poweriser ones don't as they sound promising. So I would normally through 2 fusion batteries every two years but since the NDIS has arrived as soon I see them starting to fail, so a set every year.

There is only one distributor in Australia as far as I know and that is Melrose. Unbelievably bad service, have to wait ages and keep following up.

When you do your next NDIS plan make sure you put the ZX1 as part of your goals not that you'd have any problem anyway. You could buy a new charger out of your consumables and that might not be a bad idea considering the wait time for arrival.

Cheers
      Steve
      Last edited by takenaback; 31 Oct 2020, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Melrose were the only Aussie ones I found and sent off enquiry as to if they sell and service ZX-1s yesterday. Will be interesting how long they take to respond.
        Will add ZX-1 to next planning as never know when they may even be stopped being manufactured - always a risk when we find something good.
        Cheers
        Colin
        Just love inventing stuff.

Comment

My ZX is collecting dust these days. 20mph AND I can throw this in the boot!
          I'll provide details and a thread when I get tired of actually doing things.
          Attached Files
          69yo male T12 complete since 1995
          NW NJ

Comment

Working...
          X