No announcement yet.

ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My heart sank when I read those reviews, but I felt a duty to warn you if you had not seen them. I've wanted to see someone try and do this type swap with a ZX1 ever since I saw my supplier selling drop in 12 volt lithiums. Spinergy has added that mystery box which I do not understand it's purpose, so there is that.

In your search, I would not be afraid of NMC batteries. The most difficult part as you have found is fraud, sellers or suppliers using counterfeit cells. I've read long discussions on detecting if cells are true or poor imitations.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Still searchig for LiXXX batteries w/o
      Derermined to have this resolved by spring including hoist in back of MB R350 to take into NYC on occasion!
      What little use I’ve had has me hooked!
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
        My heart sank when I read those reviews, but I felt a duty to warn you if you had not seen them. I've wanted to see someone try and do this type swap with a ZX1 ever since I saw my supplier selling drop in 12 volt lithiums. Spinergy has added that mystery box which I do not understand it's purpose, so there is that.

In your search, I would not be afraid of NMC batteries. The most difficult part as you have found is fraud, sellers or suppliers using counterfeit cells. I've read long discussions on detecting if cells are true or poor imitations.
        My card got refunded!!
        Still scouring the web for a known good 12-15AH 12V LFB w/included BMS. It's the wild west out there!
        Considering just getting good lead-acid 15AH 12150 type. What were the ones Patterat runs?
        NW NJ

Comment

I thought you might all like to see my husband Rob shopping with our dog Jane using his ZX-1 and a Burley Travoy bike trailer.
          Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Thanks elarson! Love the video.......
            Last edited by triumph; 4 Mar 2019, 9:22 AM. Reason: corrected name

Comment

Nice vid Ellen… Amazing trailer too !
              Can you tell us more about it ? (if you haven't do it yet )
              C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
              my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
              Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Comment

I've been poring over LiFePO4 batteries and printing out pages of "information".

Thanks to nonuse quickly pointing out how abysmal SmartBaterrie's feed back was, I was able to cancel the transaction, but I'm getting the feeling that looking for LFP batteries is like fishing in a toxic pool!
                It's so easy to build them in your basement and sell them to suckers (like me?) that the market is proliferated(?) with snake oil.

So I read through the forum again and found Patterat's preferred conventional battery
                https://www.vmaxtanks.com/V15-64-AGM...tery_p_65.html,
                threw in the towel and ordered a pair as well as a proper charger
                https://www.vmaxtanks.com/BC2403XF-2...er-_p_137.html

10% discount and free shipping! $137 and done!

Its getting nice out! Nature calls. Practical Pig is in charge again.
                I ordered some stuff to put a 220V/50A outlet in my workshop so I can weld the heavier stock I'll use for the MB 350R ZX1 hoist so I can run this in the city (NYC) if I want.
                With the voltmeter on the joystick now, I should be able to avert a low battery problem when I'm doing a long run.
                Last edited by pfcs49; 9 Mar 2019, 3:49 PM.
                NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
                  I've been poring over LiFePO4 batteries and printing out pages of "information"....
                  Looks like good choices Phil,
                  These lithiums were not available when I last checked my favorite local e-bike source, you saved money going LA:
                  I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

I've been poring over LiFePO4 batteries and printing out pages of "information".

So I read through the forum again and found Patterat's preferred conventional battery
                    https://www.vmaxtanks.com/V15-64-AGM...tery_p_65.html,
                    threw in the towel and ordered a pair as well as a proper charger
                    https://www.vmaxtanks.com/BC2403XF-2...er-_p_137.html

10% discount and free shipping! $137 and done!

Its getting nice out! Nature calls. Practical Pig is in charge again.
                    I ordered some stuff to put a 220V/50A outlet in my workshop so I can weld the heavier stock I'll use for the MB 350R ZX1 hoist so I can run this in the city (NYC) if I want.
                    With the voltmeter on the joystick now, I should be able to avert a low battery problem when I'm doing a long run.
                    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you got the wrong charger end. You need the male XLR Connector not the female. Exchange it for this one: https://www.vmaxtanks.com/BC2403XM-2...er-_p_136.html
                    pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

Originally posted by pattherat View Post
                      Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you got the wrong charger end. You need the male XLR Connector not the female. Exchange it for this one: https://www.vmaxtanks.com/BC2403XM-2...er-_p_136.html
                      No problem, Pat. My wife sings and one hat is sound man. I have both sexes in abundance.
                      Good to hear from you. Where you been? Need that electronic hand throttle stuff yet?
                      NW NJ

Comment

No problem, Pat. My wife sings and one hat is sound man. I have both sexes in abundance.
                        Good to hear from you. Where you been? Need that electronic hand throttle stuff yet?
                        Not yet but getting close.
                        pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

When you're ready, be in touch. I think you have my phone number which would be the best way to figure out just what you'll need/want.
                          If you don't have it, PM me when you're ready.
                          Thanks for all you do, Phil
                          NW NJ

Comment

When you're ready, be in touch. I think you have my phone number which would be the best way to figure out just what you'll need/want.
                            If you don't have it, PM me when you're ready.
                            Thanks for all you do, Phil
                            Will do. Thanks for the offer.
                            pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

Originally posted by pattherat View Post
                              All is right. Apparently I randomly selected the female charger for my post. I ordered the "XM" charger and it works fine.
                              I've fully charged both pairs of batteries and will attempt to load test both pairs with my 600A carbon pile at ~50A to
                              a/ establish a baseline for the new batteries
                              b/ find out how much weaker the old pair is that laid down on a ~mile hilly walk.
                              NW NJ

Comment

Here is a link for the trailer: https://www.burley.com/product/travoy/

Here is an overview of how I connected the trailer hitch to Rob'z ZRA (sorry, some is in Dutch, but I think you can get the idea):http://www.pitlarson.com/accessibili...-a-wheelchair/

Originally posted by robotnik View Post
                                Nice vid Ellen… Amazing trailer too !
                                Can you tell us more about it ? (if you haven't do it yet )
                                Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Working...
                                X