No announcement yet.

ZX-1 Power Add-on owners thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We officially have a snow day from school tomorrow (whoop whoop I work in the same school district my daughter attends) so I hope to speak with someone at Spinergy about programming with the DDT handheld programmer. I don't have one of these and they were looking for a dealer in my area to do this step. IDK, I'm looking at the directions and it doesn't seem to be difficult at all.

Comment

• I see in your post (#57) that you had a dealer come with the DDT programmer. Shoot, I was hoping I could just get ahold of one of these things and I see that is not going to happen because it is pre-loaded.

Comment

• Domosoyo, I talked to PG Drives Technology in the UK about purchasing a PP1 Programmer or Mobility PC Programmer and interface cable about 1.5 years ago. I was told at the time that the cheapest most flexible option is to go with the Mobility PC Programmer (PCPb OEM Version D50145) and interface cable and was told it is 153.00 GBP (178 Euro / $228 US dollar) give or take shipping, etc.

I had not asked about the DDT Programmer, because I don't think it was available at that time. My guess is that the DDT Programmer will be more expensive because it is a complete device, where as the Mobility PC Programmer is just software and a cable.

The DDT was very easy to use, and as long as you have the settings from Spinergy you should be able to do it easily. I don't think you can see every setting, but you can see most of them. This is the brochure for the that shows how it works Diagnostic Test Tool Brochure (DDT). Unfortunately you can not get the manual without having a login.

There is also someone on e-Bay who rents a PP1 Programmer for $59 per week. You can also contact dealers who service Pride or Quickie power chairs, as many of them have the programmers.

I posted some information about programming on our website: ZX-1 Joystick Programming.

Originally posted by Domosoyo View Post
        I see in your post (#57) that you had a dealer come with the DDT programmer. Shoot, I was hoping I could just get ahold of one of these things and I see that is not going to happen because it is pre-loaded.
        Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

• I think Nonoise has a very good point. I've never even seen an EZ Lock setup, so this is only conjecture from looking at pictures and what I have read about the interface bracket. Maybe someone else who has one configured can tell you more.

For both manual and power chairs it needs to have a minimum of 3 inches ground clearance the entire length of the wheelchair. See these documents on the EZ Lock website: MANUAL WHEELCHAIR WORKSHEET and PRODUCT GUIDE AND COMPATIBILITY CHART.

If you were attaching to a manual chair using an "H" interface bracket, it looks like you need a box frame like the TiLite Aero R or folding chair like the TiLite TX or 2GX, not an open frame chair like the TRA. The only one that has a camber tube as needed for the ZX-1 is the Aero R. Even with that, I don't see where you could attach the "H" bracket so that it does not interfere with attaching the ZX-1.

If you were attaching under the ZX-1 with a power chair bracket, I don't see where you could attach it to on the ZX-1. Even if you could find a way to attach it, I don't think there is enough clearance for the drop pin. Under the "girdle" thing that is beneath the actuator in front there is only 1". Under the motors in the back there is only 2.25".

Here is a picture of the underside of the ZX-1 showing the ground clearance:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2014 10 28_4319 ground clearance.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	2658388

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
          As I see it the bracket, if it fit, would compete for space with the ZX-1.
          Last edited by elarson; 01-07-2015, 11:54 AM.
          Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

• Originally posted by WC_Sage View Post
            Regarding "... the zx1 ... I would even suggest to some folks to take out a bank loan ..." -
            before the bank loan approach is pursued, there is a six-month payment alternative that is interest-free.
            Is that offered by a dealer? Who? I'd like to share info with someone.
            Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Domosoyo View Post
              We officially have a snow day from school tomorrow (whoop whoop I work in the same school district my daughter attends) so I hope to speak with someone at Spinergy about programming with the DDT handheld programmer. I don't have one of these and they were looking for a dealer in my area to do this step. IDK, I'm looking at the directions and it doesn't seem to be difficult at all.
              Just curious about your interest in programming the new zx1. Is it due to safety issues of a child using it? Would it make any sense while waiting for a programmer, to hook up the empty wheelchair with zx1, then carefully try each speed? I definitely mean carefully. My zx1 was a tad too fast in lowest speed (one green dot). I was able to have my DME guy bring out power chair programmers and one of them did the job. However, my slowest speed, IMO is too fast for a child.

Comment

• Originally posted by mxracer86 View Post
                I drive from my power chair with hand controls... Would I be able to use the ZX-1 with a Tilite TRA and EZ Lock?
                I'm already worried about this! I'm thinking: does your current power chair have tall back to protect your head? I can transfer, but must bungee cord my tilite which is sitting there attached to zx1, because the unit is "squirrelly" while I'm driving and will move out of the exact spot I need it for transfer back to it.
                It's hard to imagine a safe, secure tie down/driver-safe set up with wheelchair and zx1.
                I'm still trying to figure out if I can get hooked up on my tie downs in the back of my full size van, if I need to be a passenger while in zx1.

Comment

• triumph,

Regarding "Is that offered by a dealer? Who?" - Wheelchair Cushion Sage

Comment

• Pssst, there is no TRA any longer. The adjustable version of the TR was discontinued some time back. And the TR, current model being the TR3, IS a box frame. Its not the same box frame as say an Aero R. And the TR3 has curving of the bottom frame that the TR2 didn't have, so those are issues with attaching things to the bottom frame.
                    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

• triumph---The programming is based on instructions I received from Spinergy for the lithium batteries. First the ZX-1 arrived...and the batteries were sent separately. I contacted Spinergy for instructions and received a PDF of the battery hook up via email. The last step of the instructions is programming via DDT. They are looking for a dealer to do this programming for me BUT I thought I might be able to do it myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by WC_Sage View Post
                        triumph,

Regarding "Is that offered by a dealer? Who?" - Wheelchair Cushion Sage
                        Thanks! I'll pass that along. I've had several folks ask about where to get one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Domosoyo View Post
                          triumph---The programming is based on instructions I received from Spinergy for the lithium batteries. First the ZX-1 arrived...and the batteries were sent separately. I contacted Spinergy for instructions and received a PDF of the battery hook up via email. The last step of the instructions is programming via DDT. They are looking for a dealer to do this programming for me BUT I thought I might be able to do it myself.
                          Thanks! One friend of mine is awaiting an order of zx1, but at the time of ordering he was told lithium batteries were only going on overseas purchases. I have hooked him up with a good DME who does home visits and will let him know of your experience. The lithium batteries are the way to go, for sure. I hope to get them for Spring when I'll start getting out more.

Comment

• Regarding "... ZX-1 ... batteries were sent separately." - the Spinergy company has just received regulatory approval to ship Li-ion batteries with the ZX-1. Thus, future ZX-1 orders can receive Li-ion batteries directly from Spinergy (i.e., there is no longer a need for a separate Li-ion battery shipment).

Comment

• So pleased with my snow tires on zx1. Went to restaurant yesterday and had to park near a snow bank with room for our van lift. Got out and traveled over several patches of 1/2" thick ice to entrance. No slipping at all.

Comment

• Yesterday got email from Spinergy company stating availability of snow tires, lithium batteries, and storage box, I believe for airline travel with zx1.

Comment

Working...
                                X