bounder off road or pride rival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey rollin',

Have the Bounder electronics improved any? My fine motor skills are poor and I need really adaptable joystick controls & graduated braking to drive smoothly.
    Do you prefer the chain drive or the belt?
    Robert

live free, drive fast

Comment

The belt can break easier than the chain. A very thin stick got caught inside my drive belt when I was raking leaves and broke, sending me flying down a steep hill with no brakes. Could have easily been killed.
      C 5/6 Comp.
      No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

I am a c5 with minimal wrist movement in my left hand. I had my first bounder set so it would coast about 7-8 seconds before the brakes clicked on. 2nd has a short pause before the brakes click. I have the standard bounderplus because my grandmother lived about a mile away and it took little time getting to her house by going down 1/4 mile dirt road to hardroad or strait through the woods using my old dunebuggy motorcycle trail. Grand mother died in a car accident so next bounder will be more off road type. As for the electronics getting better I don't think it would matter as I would run into, over, or through it. d

Comment

20 years in a bounderplus. never had a belt break. Had them flip over from a stick or moss getting in them. d

Comment

Originally posted by rollin' man View Post
            As for the electronics getting better I don't think it would matter as I would run into, over, or through it. d

I like that sentiment, & have enough scratches on door frames, cracked chair legs, and bent leg rests to prove it. I'd really rather not tho & need as smooth power take-off and braking to counter my jerky tendencies. The Bounder I tested 6 yrs ago - and it was a rough demo unit - coasted for however many seconds programmed but then the brakes would grab. My Quantum's brakes feel much more gradual. Also it doesn't have relays clicking for every joystick movement like that demo did. And my E&J did 25 yrs ago.

Have you tested a new Bounder like what you're getting? Have you noticed any diff on braking or clicking?
            Last edited by rahwheels; 31 May 2014, 3:13 PM.
            Robert

live free, drive fast

Comment

A rubber belt can break anytime, just need the wrong combination of things or a single item between the sprocket and belt. Wear out also. Once broken there are no brakes. Just depends where ones at when the luck runs out.
              C 5/6 Comp.
              No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Never tested the bounder, but after having a frontier V6 demo I ordered one... hopefully will arrive next week. 28" wide, tons of power, better inside than any other "offroad" chair available. Before this I've always had TDX's with brushless motors... I've taken those chairs more places than I should have and they've performed admirably with unbeatable low speed torque, but I'm looking forward to having something designed for offroad.

Comment

Working...
                X