Huge difference between Force and sit up straight bike in Marathons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purdue and Indy minis

Lin - Purdue now has a half marathon and they let us ride it last year. The organizer is the same as the Indy mini and he let us do the Indy mini this year. It wasn't a prize money category but it was an awesome experience. The Purdue half is Oct. 19th this year and I assume we can ride this year too. It's a bit hilly but it's a great event.

Comment

Originally posted by AndersBackman View Post
      Here's a thread regarding the speed difference between Force and Force R.

https://www.carecure.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142612

To sum it up. The difference for him in a marathon would be 3.5 minutes if he could hold the same speed as on his 12K circuit.
      that's a fairly old article back in 2010.

they have changed some things on the R since. I know they are no longer in production but the last yr they did they upgraded some component's. I will disagree with one comment IMO the twist shift is much more efficient then the trigger my R and is faster and easier on the fingers and u never have to guess the gear.

my 2 cents.. much faster bike though with a lot less energy.

Comment

Originally posted by crash86 View Post
        that's a fairly old article back in 2010.

they have changed some things on the R since. I know they are no longer in production but the last yr they did they upgraded some component's. I will disagree with one comment IMO the twist shift is much more efficient then the trigger my R and is faster and easier on the fingers and u never have to guess the gear.

my 2 cents.. much faster bike though with a lot less energy.
        We all like shiny new toys, especially when the toys makes us feel fast. But the point here is that it's not just about the bike. Sure, you'll be a faster on a recumbent, but if you look at old results from the pre-recumbent era you'll notice that the top guys were fast back then too. There is a difference, but it's small. The recumbent bikes definitely is'nt much faster.

I own a Force R (2012) myself and it sure feels fast to ride low. The closeness to the road makes the feeling of speed much more intense than on my old sit-up-bike. However, it's one thing to feel faster, but another to actually be faster.

Comment

well then I guess my clock and computer must be off..thats to bad

Comment

Working...
          X