No announcement yet.

Icon may not like this post but!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one said Icon has never had problems. In fact I specifically mentioned Icon's problems with early runs in my post. What was discussed was Icon's great customer service, contrary to the OP's post.

There are 2 sides to every story. OP thought he was hung up on, but the call dropped and Jeff didn't have a number to call him back. And even despite that he was still able to go above and beyond with the DME to take care of the replacement parts, which may be needed for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with Icon.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

I don't even have my Icon yet. And Jeff is going above and beyond to make sure I get things right! Infact Jeff is still working on getting things up and going he also has call my dme to figure things out for me. So I really don't think you would be hung up on by anyone at Icon .... Unless you were being abusive with your language. If that's the case you deserved being hung up on. So before posting things like this would you be kind enough to give us the full story of what happened to your chair and the rest of the events! Thanks so much !

Comment

Originally posted by JeffAdams View Post
        You bent one of your quick release axles, and one of your back wheels is apparently a write-off so this isn't likely normal "wear and tear"
        No shit that's not normal wear and tear. Been in an Icon for almost 1 1/2 years and haven't had anything like that break and I'm not that easy on it.

If you don't take care of your equipment what do you think's going to happen?

Comment

There's no resaon for this camp vs. that camp.

The botom line is, there is a proper way/order to go about things. This wasn't it.

Believe me when I say I have put people on blast in full view when it was necessary. It's best to do it when any and every option has been exhausted.

Blinky, in my opinion, hit the panic button, way, way before it was called for.
          Last edited by NoDecafPlz; 18 May 2013, 9:56 AM.
          And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
            Blinky, in my opinion, hit the panic button, way, way before it was called for.
            sounds like Blinky crsashed the chair and wants it fixed for nothing. What an idiot, if you crash your car, chevy won't fix it for you for free, why should Icon? Bet we never hear from him again.

Comment

That's exactly how I read it J...

Originally posted by JeffAdams View Post
              I spoke with your dealer as well (who called about an hour before you did), and we ordered you the parts that you need - I thought he told me that you got hit by a car or had some kind of accident?

You bent one of your quick release axles, and one of your back wheels is apparently a write-off
              so this isn't likely normal "wear and tear" - I'm happy to speak to you at any time, and we'll get your chair back up and running as quick as we can.
              You can't claim warranty on a car crash... if the driver was at fault you should have claimed on their insurance, not trying trying to make a fraudulent warranty claim and drag a company's reputation through the mud!
              T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Comment

Then Jeff and Icon are even more stand-up than I thought.
                And Blinky, who was online here a half hour ago, is rubbing his hands in glee
                over his free meal. Maybe he is the pride of Southampton NY?

Originally posted by jschism View Post
                sounds like Blinky crsashed the chair and wants it fixed for nothing. What an idiot, if you crash your car, chevy won't fix it for you for free, why should Icon? Bet we never hear from him again.
                And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Backfire in the OP's face much?

Sounds like the Icon saved the OP's life during a large crash.

A win for Icon!

Comment

You are correct about an accident it was in 2006. The backrest lock bent during a transfer about month and a half ago. I have no explanation of the carbon fiber separating from the plywood just noticed it when bending to reach something off the floor. And also don't know why the axle bent. And I did not get hit by a car. I do however thank you for the quick response about the parts so that I don't have to use my very uncomfortable back up for much longer. Can't wait to get back in the best chair I have had so far. And I also thank everyone for the great comments.
                    BLINK

Comment

Working...
                    X