Adi brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adi brakes

Does anyone know how long it take to install adi brakes on a chair?

probably less than an hour with the right tooling. The inboard wheel bearings need to popped out and the hub that mates to the brake disc needs to be pressed into its place. And then the caliper/disc assemblies installed on the camber tube and the actuating brake lever placed.

Comment

Thanks! Also who has adi brake and what's the pros and cons in you oppinion?

Comment

If I seem to be asking the same questions over and over. I forget I ask.

Comment

What rims do you have?
          C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

Spinergys spox

Comment

I tried them with Spinergy LX and they didn't work well because of the flex of the spokes. You may not have that issue with the SPOX.

ADI had switched to using their own camber tube to replace yours; I don't know if that is still the case.

Comment

These are going on an icon! I pray I don't have issues

Comment

ryan, brianm, are you familiar with hub locks? -ie. D's, SureLocks? When stationary, for example when transferring, the ADI brakes will act like hub locks. Because the wheels are locked at the hub the flex in the poly-fiber spokes used on Spinergy Spox and LX wheels will allow the chair to "rock". Once you get used to it you will trust that the chair will only move less than an inch in either direction. Not a huge deal. I don't know what kind of adverse affect the spoke flex will have while using the brakes to slow down. I am inclined to believe it will be unnoticeable, especially with the suspension of the Icon.

And I doubt that Mr.Adams would lead you astray by allowing you to option ADI brakes on his brain-child if there were any foreseeable issues. I'm sure ADI has come up with a bracket they clamp on the end of the camber tubes to facilitate their brakes.

Pics when you get it!

Comment

Will do tooley thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
                      ryan, brianm, are you familiar with hub locks? -ie. D's, SureLocks?
                      Yes. I went with the ADI brakes because I wanted more of a true braking system. The (new) standard, composite, brakes on my TR3 are great and I am very pleased with them.

Comment

ADI brakes

Have them on both my chairs. Love them.

Comment

I know that many people have their chair sent to ADI to install the brakes. I'm not sure how that works on the Icon, but you may want to ask about it.

We decided not to get the ADI brakes, and one of the reasons was because of needing to install the Spline Drive Insert and the Camber Tube Modify.

We went with D's Locks instead, which I plan to install in the next couple of days.

Originally posted by randomryan007 View Post
                          Does anyone know how long it take to install adi brakes on a chair?
                          Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

I have d's locks on my marvel.

Comment

Working...
                            X