Foot rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foot rest

I need a to buy a 10 in 5/8 tubing foot rest and cover. Anyone know where I may purches this?

For what??

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

For the icon so I may use the free wheel

Comment

I would start by sharing your desire with Jeff Adams. He may already have a solution.
        Chas
        TiLite TR3
        Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
        I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
        <
        UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Chase I did and this is what he said

Ryan,

The FreeWheel isn't compatible with the stock Icon footplate, so you'll need to get an aftermarket footplate that is - any 5/8" tubing footrest should work.

The Icon spacing it 10" on the footrest for both the narrow and standard wings - your chair is being built with the standard.

Best,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by randomryan007 View Post
            Chase I did and this is what he said

Ryan,

The FreeWheel isn't compatible with the stock Icon footplate, so you'll need to get an aftermarket footplate that is - any 5/8" tubing footrest should work.

The Icon spacing it 10" on the footrest for both the narrow and standard wings - your chair is being built with the standard.

Best,

Jeff
            You're way ahead of me FWIW my Tilite footrest tubing is 3/4" OD. So I'm at a loss of where you'd find 5/8" OD.
            Chas
            TiLite TR3
            Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
            I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
            <
            UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Me too I am at a loss

Comment

Also, 10" may be not enough for your feet and the FreeWheel clamp, I have 11" and it's fine for the FW (see my photos), 10.5" would work also for me but 10" would be too narrow unless you have narrow feet/shoes.
                You should measure or try with a piece of wood.
                My TR3

Comment

Look in the Yellow pages for someone that builds race car frames. Especially sprint or midget cars. Take them your chair and they can make it up for you.

Comment

I got little feet

Comment

Quickie GT footrest is .72" diameter. They prolly call that 3/4, even tho its a bit shy. Sorry. If you have other chairs around, I'd measure them! (Measured by wrapping a small string around, measuring circumference and dividing by 3.14, if no calipers handy.)
                      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I'm interested to see where this thread goes, as my son's freewheel has sat unused since he got an Icon (as yes, it will bend the standard Icon footplate). I also got the same response from Jeff that Ryan did.

Having said that, I don't believe that my son would choose to use the freewheel much now. Two reasons, one being that he is really happy with the Icon set-up and can get over most ground without the need for a freewheel, and secondly because he uses his Firefly a lot - think "electric-powered freewheel" and you will understand why someone (particularly a child) wouldn't want to go back to manual power!

Another suggestion with the Icon, if you know you are going over rougher ground for a day, is to rotate the castor wings round to point forwards. That gives a longer wheelbase (similar to the freewheel theory), albeit with smaller wheel(s). Not quite as simple and user-friendly to set-up (and revert back to "normal"), but it does work, and doesn't cost anything!
                        Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Comment

I think Icon should make a tube foot plate for people who want to use the freewheel. Hint hint. As finding a 5/8 in tubular foot plate is not easy.i would have gladly paid the extra for it!

Comment

I brought this up when I got my Icon more than a year ago, never happened. couldn't tell you the last time I even sat in it, got tired of replacing parts. Guess that's the price you pay for getting one early. Jeff was great at getting parts when broken/updated, but just got tired of repairing it.

Comment

What parts where breaking and replacing? I just sent a message to a buddy of mine that fabricates

Comment

Working...
                              X