• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tubeless tire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OjL25oM-EY

Can this apply to wheelchair tire?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

(edit: bad info. see post #4 instead) Yes, BUT . . . You'd need tubeless wheels, tires, rim tape, and valve stem. These items are special; their size availability is currently very limited and available only with bicycle hubs. So you'd need to have a wheelset custom made with wheelchair hubs.

Here's a bicycle related pros/cons review of the tubeless technology. An excerpt:

Last edited by chasmengr; 11 Apr 2013, 9:57 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Chase on you tube it shows how to make tubeless rims. A lot of work if you ask me

Comment

Originally posted by randomryan007 View Post
        Chase on you tube it shows how to make tubeless rims. A lot of work if you ask me

The review I posted above is for road tires. Apparently more options exist for MTB (Mountain Bike Tires aka 26" bicycle tires) which are equivalent to wheelchair 25" (559).

Here's a MTB related review. An excerpt:

Last edited by chasmengr; 11 Apr 2013, 10:07 AM.
        Chas
        TiLite TR3
        I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
        <
        UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

What the heck. This guy above need to be banned...
          T3 Complete
          to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tinng321 View Post
            What the heck. This guy above need to be banned...
            Why? .
            Chas
            TiLite TR3

<
            UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Why would you ban Chas?
              Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

Maybe didn't read the thread or the post... Chas is the man! he's not getting banned any time soon
                T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Comment

While a lot of people here have helped me a lot, no one has gone further than Chas. He consistently puts out well researched information and is one of the best experts we have here.
                  Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Comment

Really. There is no reason to get rid of anyone, except the clowns keep wrecking the site. People I have come across are nice and there are tons of people looking and finding help here. Chas is not ignorant or lack of knowledge. Nobody here, knows everything.

Comment

My guess is something in this thread got lost in translation.
                      stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
                        Why? .
                        Poor Tinning321...he was talking about a couple of spam posts that appeared in this thread just below Chas' post. But the spam posts have now been removed by the mods!

So don't feel that Tinning was picking on you Chas - he definitely wasn't, and I'm happy to be called as a witness for the defence!
                        Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy1 View Post
                          Poor Tinning321...he was talking about a couple of spam posts that appeared in this thread just below Chas' post. But the spam posts have now been removed by the mods!

So don't feel that Tinning was picking on you Chas - he definitely wasn't, and I'm happy to be called as a witness for the defence!
                          Thanks for the explanation.
                          Chas
                          TiLite TR3

<
                          UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by chasmengr View Post
                            Thanks for the explanation.
                            No worries. With the amount of spam this site gets, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often in threads! (Mods do a great job of deleting them quickly though).
                            Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Comment

That makes much more sense, I was thinking he meant the OP but even then it would be very strange and rude, and the only thing I could come up with is he was upset about the amount of threads the OP starts or some crap.

But yea, don't reply to the spam... You'll look silly once its removed lol. Been there.
                              Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Working...
                              X