Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something followed me home

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by nonoise View Post
    Get some pix up of the Monte too. You got great taste Andy.
    A chance to boast more? I'm right on it!

    When it was new...

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by JamesFr View Post
      i like em but you said it best, they are big.

      how's the traction control/rear end? does it hook up good or does it spin, bog or hesitate etc?
      I drove it around last night in the drizzle, the TC does work. I haven't really got on it much, too many traffic jams today, so I cant say. Once I get some more miles on it I'll be giving it a good 'testing'

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Crappler View Post
        I just looked it up, and it is an R/T. There should be a badge offset on the grill with the R/T logo.
        It is a badass car, though quite the beast. I believe it's 4,000lbs.
        I have a red Mustang GT that's a similar shade, just not quite as bright. I'll post of pic of mine later.

        Congrats, man. Awesome car!
        Thanks. Yeah, it's got the R/T in the grille. Definitely heavy...I'm thinking 4200, not totally sure on that. If the on-board 0-60 timer is to be believed (if the speedo is not optimistic), youtube says 5-5.5 second 0-60's. On my Monte and a Dashhawk doing the same thing off the CAN bus high 5 second 0-60's are claimed. That's FWD though with all the launching fun that entails. But I guess this thing is a performance improvement with the RWD launch even being such a tank. Real roomy inside though, and the wc fits real easy too

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Andy View Post
          I drove it around last night in the drizzle, the TC does work. I haven't really got on it much, too many traffic jams today, so I cant say. Once I get some more miles on it I'll be giving it a good 'testing'
          careful... just so you know, fairly certain the traction control works by monitoring the wheel speed sensors and using the brakes independently in an attempt to keep the wheels spinning close to the front wheel speed. This wears the rear pads thin quick.. unless they've come up with a true limited slip differential in the last few years. I haven't been underneath one since my SCI august 2009. Used to work at the dealership, did a rear brake job on one once at less than 12k miles owned by a heavy-footed young gentleman. Needed tires too.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by tooley View Post
            careful... just so you know, fairly certain the traction control works by monitoring the wheel speed sensors and using the brakes independently in an attempt to keep the wheels spinning close to the front wheel speed. This wears the rear pads thin quick.. unless they've come up with a true limited slip differential in the last few years. I haven't been underneath one since my SCI august 2009. Used to work at the dealership, did a rear brake job on one once at less than 12k miles owned by a heavy-footed young gentleman. Needed tires too.
            It seemed like they used to have limited slip. Way back when I had my 67 Chyrsler with limited slip, and it used to snow around here, I got in the habit of only using one tire chain, worked fine.
            I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Andy View Post
              I drove it around last night in the drizzle, the TC does work. I haven't really got on it much, too many traffic jams today, so I cant say. Once I get some more miles on it I'll be giving it a good 'testing'
              Bring it up to Road America!
              Andrew

              Comment


              • #37
                Pretty cool. I just bought another new toy as well. Normally I farm out my hand controls installs to a local company. This time we did it ourselves because I went from a 2010 Camaro SS to a 2013 ZL1 Camaro. The install was pretty easy since they are the same type of car. Huge difference in HP but interiors are the same.
                Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 04-13-2013, 10:05 AM. Reason: Right-size photo

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by tooley View Post
                  careful... just so you know, fairly certain the traction control works by monitoring the wheel speed sensors and using the brakes independently in an attempt to keep the wheels spinning close to the front wheel speed. This wears the rear pads thin quick.. unless they've come up with a true limited slip differential in the last few years. I haven't been underneath one since my SCI august 2009. Used to work at the dealership, did a rear brake job on one once at less than 12k miles owned by a heavy-footed young gentleman. Needed tires too.
                  Yep, that's what I was thinking too. Hopefully with the electronic throttle the TC will cut power like my Monte does, I can see the rear brakes really getting torn up if the TC allows full power and then just applies the brakes.

                  I need to see if there is something like HP Tuners for Chrysler stuff, that really helped out seeing what the Monte was doing, along for tuning stuff to my tastes/monitoring stuff real-time.

                  They do have a LSD available in the RT now...this one doesn't have one however.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by SoulScream View Post
                    Bring it up to Road America!
                    Hehe. I remember that place, went up there for some sort of bike thing (didn't ride, but was rather amazed at some of the pro-racers). That would be interesting in a car for sure

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by ozziegn View Post
                      Pretty cool. I just bought another new toy as well. Normally I farm out my hand controls installs to a local company. This time we did it ourselves because I went from a 2010 Camaro SS to a 2013 ZL1 Camaro. The install was pretty easy since they are the same type of car. Huge difference in HP but interiors are the same.
                      Niiiiicccceee!!!

                      I like that color/wheel combo, thinking of getting some black wheels on mine once the chrome look wears off on me.

                      That's the supercharged motor right? A guy I work with picked up a '13 CTS-V with that, and 0-60 in 4 sec and 198 top speed made me really, really, jealous. Totally blew me away seeing the 'supercharged' when he lifted the hood, as I thought those were just regular 'vette motor'ed.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Thanks for the nice words. Yes, the ZL1 comes with the 580HP, factory supercharged LSA engine. Same as the Caddy CTS-V cars.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I've got the 2013 Supercharged Vagon. Last year they are going to be made, apparently Caddy will no longer be making the Coupe either.
                          "Life is about how you
                          respond to not only the
                          challenges you're dealt but
                          the challenges you seek...If
                          you have no goals, no
                          mountains to climb, your
                          soul dies".~Liz Fordred

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Gas Pedal mods

                            Well, I'll be having a little bit of a build thread here after all.

                            I drove it around some with the controls attached to the gas pedal quick and dirty using some zipties to hold the gas pedal bracket on. The MPD bracket I have is for a metal rod style gas pedal, which my car doesn't have. It has a drive by wire style gas pedal. A couple things needed 'adjusting' with this setup.

                            First, the gas pedal I am sure is great for a foot to operate. I don't have a foot attached to my wrist, so the pressure needed to operate the gas wasn't to my liking. So the gas pedal got removed from the car for some 'adjusting'

                            This is the device in question:




                            After carefully prying the cover off of it, the innerds can be seen. Notice that spring, which has another spring inside of it. I guess they put 2 just in case one breaks. I'm not worried too much about this.




                            As those 2 springs conspire to make for a stiff gas pedal, one of those springs got removed. Much easier operation, especially if you might be using something like a hand to operate it.




                            Some work needed to be done for a more professional looking gas pedal to hand control attachment than an aluminum block ziptied to the pedal. Out came the drill.




                            Some filling of this area was needed to make a nice solid aircraft joint fitment.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              So I got some of my favorite epoxy for the job.




                              And filled in the area.




                              Well, that's all for now. Gotta wait for this to harden, and put the pedal back in. Getting closer to a complete install...

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Between duct tape, bailing wire, and JB Weld NOTHING is unfixable!

                                Sweet.

                                JB Weld took care of a broken folding back rest on my old XTR.

                                Turned my GT into a non-folding, and non-wiggly, backrest, too!

                                Those 3 items were always in my motorcycle panniers and I road outta many a deep wood on account if their use!

                                Love. That. Stuff.

                                Very nice ride, Andy.


                                Originally posted by Andy View Post
                                So I got some of my favorite epoxy for the job.




                                And filled in the area.




                                Well, that's all for now. Gotta wait for this to harden, and put the pedal back in. Getting closer to a complete install...
                                __________________

                                He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X