Something followed me home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice ride Andy!!!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

That's the R/T version, right?
      Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

hey are they putting the 8spd auto in those in the US yet? I know the pick-ups got it, but the cars here don't yet... That new trans is awesome, gotta love German tech (ZF trans)

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
          hey are they putting the 8spd auto in those in the US yet? I know the pick-ups got it, but the cars here don't yet... That new trans is awesome, gotta love German tech (ZF trans)
          Only the V6 gets the 8 speed auto, not the Hemi yet, maybe next fall in the 2014's.
          "Life is about how you
          respond to not only the
          challenges you're dealt but
          the challenges you seek...If
          you have no goals, no
          mountains to climb, your
          soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

What is the GPM, not mpg on that? To drive around the block does that cost $100?

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
              Nice, you do know about Dodge's mobility program that helps pay for hand controls right?
              Yep, got my copy of Word ready to go. $995 sounds about right

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
                Looks good, just need some white racing stripes with maybe a 340 on the back of the car like the stripes back in the 70's.
                Naahh, no stripes. I like that this one has none, one of the reasons I got it

Comment

Originally posted by Crappler View Post
                  That's the R/T version, right?
                  Ummm, I'm not sure. I think so (it doesn't have stripes all over it, lol)

Yeah, if memory serves, the V6 is an SXT, the V8 is an RT, and the bigger V8 is a SRT8.

So it's an RT

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
                    5 Speed. Interesting how this is a poor man's Mercedes in a way. S Class front suspension, E class rear suspension, I think a Merc tranny, etc.

Of course it has Chrysler body...and yep, its a Chrysler alright comparing it to my Monte Carlo (good and bad ) But time for a change, and I like that this thing is BIG.

Well, enough of a break from shoehorning the handcontrols into the car. Gotta get back to work. I don't think I'll be doing a build thread as it would be hard to make out what is what on the photos. I'll post a final result pic when I get it done (hopefully tonight)

Comment

Well, got it driving. Interesting driving RWD after 10 years of FWD GM stuff. Real light steering. I kinda feel like an SUV of sorts, definitely higher than my Monte Carlo. Rides a lot nicer too. Did I mention it is big? Now to do some fine-tuning of the install and I'll get some pictures...

Anyone interested in a ready to go with hand controls '06 Monte Carlo SS with a 5.3L V-8? I might be selling one soon

Comment

Get some pix up of the Monte too. You got great taste Andy.
                        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Nice ride! Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
                            Looks good, just need some white racing stripes with maybe a 340 on the back of the car like the stripes back in the 70's.
                            Black stripes would look better on red....white goes with blue.
                            Art

Comment

i like em but you said it best, they are big.

how's the traction control/rear end? does it hook up good or does it spin, bog or hesitate etc?
                              Last edited by JamesFr; 12 Apr 2013, 1:54 AM. Reason: great paint color

Comment

I just looked it up, and it is an R/T. There should be a badge offset on the grill with the R/T logo.
                                It is a badass car, though quite the beast. I believe it's 4,000lbs.
                                I have a red Mustang GT that's a similar shade, just not quite as bright. I'll post of pic of mine later.

Congrats, man. Awesome car!
                                Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

Working...
                                X