Something followed me home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cure for insomnia:

I got a $4.00 mount for my knockoff GoPro camera, and tried it out on the way home from work last night. The video concept was to show the amount of hand control force needed when having 15.4" rotors with large 6 piston brake calipers/pads and a modified gas pedal with 1 spring removed and the remaining spring clipped. But filming at night, and having a narrower FOV lens on the camera for drone usage, conspired to make the video not that spectacular. But it sort of does the job, has a few edge of your seat action packed 100mph blasts, and an example of reality and my perception of it being diametrically opposed. I didn't bother editing it since it was so lousy, so the mumbling narrative starts around 3:40, but if need something to put you to sleep...here it is:

(watch direct on YouTube in full-screen for HD glory)

Oh yeah, a little follow up on my old car. Seems last Fall the dealer group that bought that prize moved it to a Honda store in their operation. On a check last January they were advertising it at a new much lower price of $21.5K. And then it apparently sold. Looks like I did well bailing on that car at the height of the used car bubble that is being talked about nowadays.

Comment

sweet

Comment

Nice ride!
        "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

No stops, portal to portal? How dat? 111 mph screams, your ticket is in the mail
          I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Hahaha. Yeah, it is quick getting back usually. Getting there is another story though, sometimes up to an hour. That road is on the 10 worst for congestion in the country list.

Comment

Nice Machine! It's not even mine and I want to rub it with a diaper.

What does "ANM I" stand for?

Next time the neighbor has his cam out try a shot with the wheels turned in. Something like this...
              Attached Files
              "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
              T5/6 complete

Comment

Andy, that is an awesome photo shoot!
                So, when are you going to trade that in for the new Demon? Though, I'm guessing it's only manual transmission.
                Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

Just when you justify not getting a Hellcat because of small-ish 275mm wide tire issues with traction and the common driving environment I drive in...Chrysler goes and does this:

Must Resist! lol

Comment

what is that one? Besides beautiful.
                    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

"Widebody Hellcat". They took the fender flares/clearance mods off the Demon and applied them to the Hellcat. Gets you 305's on 20x11" rims from the factory. Supposedly shaves off around .2 or .3 second from the 0-60 times and solidly in the 10's in the quarter w/stock tires, with the added traction according to Dodge.

Comment

Working...
                      X