No announcement yet.

First Oracing F2 for Malaysia crazy guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally I find out where the squeak come from---when I sit on the aluminum seat pan, it will bent a little bit, pulling the screw causing all the noise. So start looking for available screw to replace the origin.

I know it shouldn't be something hard, not something rigid, the rubber push pin come to my mind at last. I don't know if it works, but at least give it a try. I go to the car accessory shop, buy 2 piece of rubber push pin around the size of the origin screw.

Amaze, it work out perfectly, no more squeak, and hold the seat pan as firm as the origin screw. But I don't know how long it will last. I will buy another 4 rubber push pin to replace the rest.

I notice that the seat tab under my bottom is a little bit bent, I suppose Oracing purposely welded such way to give it some room.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

I can't do this with my GTi at all, but F2 no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by sowseng View Post
        I can't do this with my GTi at all, but F2 no problem.

And because you ordered the heavier options, aluminium sideguards, aluminium seat and 5 softroll casters.
        That chair could weight very easy 2lbs less, did they sent you a std seat too?

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
          And because you ordered the heavier options, aluminium sideguards, aluminium seat and 5 softroll casters.
          That chair could weight very easy 2lbs less, did they sent you a std seat too?
          Yes, they did, but still prefer aluminum seat pan.

The weight of F2 is much lighter than GTi, I can't lift my GTi that high. Actually I can hold longer if I have a backrest, since I don't have much trunk control.
          Last edited by sowseng; 15 May 2013, 9:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X