Wheelchair Fender Attachment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelchair Fender Attachment?

I was out last weekend and saw someone with a quicke gt like mine with aluminum side guards but they had black plastic fenders attached to the them.

Where can I find these?
    Never Give Up!

I believe on quickies website. I too want fenders but prefer carbon fiber witch from my understanding tilite makes.

Comment

Originally posted by randomryan007 View Post
      I believe on quickies website. I too want fenders but prefer carbon fiber witch from my understanding tilite makes.
      Thanks!!
      Never Give Up!

Comment

Did you find them?

Comment

Did you find them?
          I haven't found them yet. You?
          Never Give Up!

Comment

I too want fenders but prefer carbon fiber witch from my understanding tilite makes.
            TiLite does in fact make aluminum fendered sideguards, and also carbon fiber fendered sideguards. These may not necessarily be listed on websites like SportAid.com, but if you contact them with your desired sideguard and serial number of your chair they will be able to accommodate. Here is TiLite options brochure, see the 6th page: http://tilite.com/assets/pdf/TiLite_Options.pdf

I hope that helps!
            TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Comment

I think he's looking for actual fenders (plastic? Cf?) that attach onto ordinary sidesguards from whatever manufacturer. I'm looking too. I think jeff Adams used to make them, but that was ages ago - even before marvel. I'm not sure but maybe you attached them with rivets...?

Comment

Originally posted by amyk View Post
                I think he's looking for actual fenders (plastic? Cf?) that attach onto ordinary sidesguards from whatever manufacturer. I'm looking too. I think jeff Adams used to make them, but that was ages ago - even before marvel. I'm not sure but maybe you attached them with rivets...?
                That is EXACTLY what I saw on this guy's wheelchair! He had aluminum sideguards with a black plastic piece attached with rivets! I wish I had taken a picture when I had the chance.
                Never Give Up!

Comment

Not sure where you can find them, for sale. Sorry AC.

As has been noted, these were available from Jeff Adams, many, many moons ago. Perhaps even in a previous life. Not sure what to call that in polite company. Other than a goddamn shame, that is.

I use good old fashioned hook-n-loop tape to attach them to the inside of the sideguards. I put them on when it's wet out, mostly. Not something I use 24x7. Not very good combo with short tab pushrings, but they work great with Natural fits (another bit of kit that comes out mostly in the rain. In the plains. In Spain. )

Here's a visual reference:

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Too bad. Those are perfect!!!

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
                    Not sure where you can find them, for sale. Sorry AC.

As has been noted, these were available from Jeff Adams, many, many moons ago. Perhaps even in a previous life. Not sure what to call that in polite company. Other than a goddamn shame, that is.

I use good old fashioned hook-n-loop tape to attach them to the inside of the sideguards. I put them on when it's wet out, mostly. Not something I use 24x7. Not very good combo with short tab pushrings, but they work great with Natural fits (another bit of kit that comes out mostly in the rain. In the plains. In Spain. )

Here's a visual reference:

Never Give Up!

Comment

We're going to start producing these again very shortly, under a different brand, along with a few other accessories that will be aftermarket compatible with most chairs (and very, very slick).

If anyone is interested, PM me at jeff@iconwheelchairs.com, we'll put you on a pre-order list.

Comment

Working...
                      X