sheets that are easy to move on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sheets that are easy to move on

these last couple sets of sheets we bought are just a pain to move on bare assed. what sheets have you guys found best for scooting around on.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Satin sheets are the easiest to move around on. Knit sheets are the best for your skin.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
      Satin sheets are the easiest to move around on. Knit sheets are the best for your skin.

(KLD)
      thx kld. are knit easy to scoop on as well.
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com

Comment

I use satin. Chicks dig it and they feel really good and stay cool if your a hot sleeper. I find it really easy to slide around and push off my headboard if I need to scoot down.

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
          thx kld. are knit easy to scoop on as well.
          Do you mean scoot?? No, they are not as easy. Satin is easiest to slide across.

(KLD)
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
            Do you mean scoot?? No, they are not as easy. Satin is easiest to slide across.

(KLD)
            yup scoot. lol

BTB, thx.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com

Comment

Flannel ... good for those always cold too.
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

+1 for flannel, I find satin a bit too slippery (personal taste). It also seems to be the least uncomfortable when I wake up in a pool of sweat from night terrors.

I like to buy a top sheet one size larger than the mattress (I have a queen, use a queen fitted and a king top) It gives me and my wife more coverage especially when I am restless in my sleep.
                Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Comment

satin for slide, flannel top sheet for warmth
                  you also might not want to tuck the top sheet under, messy look but get a larger duvet cover as sometimes when you slide the sheet gets stuck as it's secured to the mattress
                  Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

We use knit/flannel "t-shirt" sheets b/c my wife likes them. I've found that the mattress type makes more of a difference in ease of moving around. We have a BeautyRest mattress now w/ a memory foam top layer & I sink into it more, which requires a bit more effort to move on.

I'll get around to trying these some day: http://www.sheex.com/

Comment

overstock.com cotton 600thread

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post
                        overstock.com cotton 600thread
                        easy to move on?
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com

Comment

I agree that the mattress means as much as the sheets. For bed mobility, a high thread count cotton or satin sheet (not synthetic) are best as long as they are tight on the mattress. Baggy sheets suck. Too much effort is expended to move the sheet before the body goes anywhere.

The best mattress we found (he tried all of them) was from the Mattress Warehouse. They reinforce the side edges so that there is more stability for transfers. --eak
                          Elizabeth A. Kephart, PHR
                          mom/caregiver to Ryan-age 21
                          Incomplete C-2 with TBI since 3/09

Comment

Oh dear, I just thought of the worst possible setup - a waterbed. *shudder*
                            Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Comment

Originally posted by ekephart View Post
                              I agree that the mattress means as much as the sheets. For bed mobility, a high thread count cotton or satin sheet (not synthetic) are best as long as they are tight on the mattress. Baggy sheets suck. Too much effort is expended to move the sheet before the body goes anywhere.
                              Satin is old school, though I agree it may be a decent option.

John, in case you missed the link, I think the Sheex brand of sheets has potential. It's basically athletic wear fabric (think under armour, etc).

The best mattress we found (he tried all of them) was from the Mattress Warehouse. They reinforce the side edges so that there is more stability for transfers.
                              Yeah, the edges are one reason we went w/ a BeautyRest and not a 100% memory foam mattress like TempurPedic.

Comment

Working...
                              X