X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TiLite TR3 Single Swivel Anti-Tip

More to come on this TR3...

Go ahead, call me a tease!
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 14 Mar 2013, 10:35 PM. Reason: Modified title to reflect focus on anti-tip, not wheelchair.

Very nice!!

VA ordered me a single swivel caster anti-tip for my AeroZ on Jan 15 (DU100069). I expect it to arrive any day now ; I plan to post pics, too. (Sadly, TiLite wants a 37-business-day lead time for this custom-made item )

I requested it because the brackets on my standard antitips were bending when I danced/twirled around on them.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 13 Mar 2013, 12:52 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

The swivel SCI-OTR posted looks universal. It looks like it could be adjusted up or down either on the axle tube or maybe at the caster. I want one.
      I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

TiLite says it's custom fabricated - probably because of the width between camber-tube mounts and the varying mounting hardware among chairs.

Detailed instructions for it are in the TR Series manual. I requested the Quick Release style.
        TiLite's DU brochure is full of neat stuff!
        Last edited by chasmengr; 13 Mar 2013, 1:50 AM.
        Chas
        TiLite TR3
        I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
        <
        UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
          The swivel SCI-OTR posted looks universal. It looks like it could be adjusted up or down either on the axle tube or maybe at the caster. I want one.
          The height is adjusted via 4 spacers of the fork stem that can be positioned above or below the housing for the bearings.

It is definitely a custom item that is fabricated for each individual chair

Comment

Thanks SCI_OTR but do you have a profile picture because it seems it adds some length to the chair.
            My TR3

Comment

Originally posted by Big View Post
              Thanks SCI_OTR but do you have a profile picture because it seems it adds some length to the chair.
              ...and some weight???
              Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Comment

It looks very nice, both the concept and the design. TiLite always puts out good looking products. Is there any way to move it out of the way like you can flip up the standard anti-tips?
                Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Comment

It does not appear to add much length to the chair from what I can see from the pics. That is actually minimal compared to some anti tips on sports chairs. Nice looking setup. I think it is much better than the old anti tip setup.
                  "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Nice loooking but it's not a new concept by any means. We made similar anti-tips years and years ago. Glad to see it continued as Chas said the other style are dangerous. I used to cringe seeing people lay back on them.

Comment

Thanks SCI OTR for the pics. I'll echo IsMaisin's question - is there a way or a modification which could be made that would allow person using the chair to reach behind and independently flip it up and flip it down?

Comment

Originally posted by JMS View Post
                        . . . is there a way or a modification which could be made that would allow person using the chair to reach behind and independently flip it up and flip it down?
                        Such a mod is not published by TiLite. That's why I requested the Quick Release version (with lever clamps). The anti-tipper must be slid out of its mounting hardware. The standard version (like SCI_OTR's pics) is attached with Allen-head set screws (or maybe wing nuts) as detailed in the TR Series manual on TiLite's website.

Noted: SCI_OTR's pics show a rounded TR frame; the manual shows a squared TR frame. So the mounting hardware is different. I would prefer a flip-up feature - maybe TiLite could do it upon special request . . .

Last edited by chasmengr; 13 Mar 2013, 6:21 PM.
                        Chas
                        TiLite TR3

<
                        UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Very cool. Makes it into more of a sports chair. My husband has recently been getting out on the dance floor, which is great, but having 2 anti-tips is has proven to be a bit difficult for me, who is somewhat dancing disabled to begin with;-)
                          Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

I like the way this looks, but will it get in the way if someone is trying to push the person in the chair?

Comment

Originally posted by Mombo View Post
                              I like the way this looks, but will it get in the way if someone is trying to push the person in the chair?
                              I can stand, sometimes I push my empty chair, and the standard (two-arm) antitips are always in my way. I'm hoping this type is out of the way more. I plan to post about it when I know more.

My standard anti-tippers fold up, but I rarely fold them because I tend to forget to put them back down = nasty fall. (I have dysmetria in my arms, so my wheelies are not stable enough to go without anti-tippers Plus I never push my chair very far, so it takes more effort than it's worth to fold and unfold them. I fold them only when I need to drag my chair up or down steps.
                              Last edited by chasmengr; 14 Mar 2013, 1:11 AM.
                              Chas
                              TiLite TR3

<
                              UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Working...
                              X