No announcement yet.

Getting new TiLite chair, from Q7 to Tilite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is your pic less dark, what kind of backrest is it?
    My TR3

Comment

I'm SCI 7 years and I had Quickie all that years (total 4 chairs, this chair is 5 months old). I'm sales rep in company that distributes Quickie and, few weeks ago, TiLite.

Cause of long legs, I like to have my shoe heels scrubbing floor sometimes
      Now I have 1cm too high RSH and FSH because of solid insert under my ROHO. I had to put it cause straps on seat are too loosen, like bungee.

Front angle on OF of Helium Was 92 deg, but they measure angle between seat rail and front frame.
      I measured from frame front to floor (like on TiLite OF), it is 80 deg.
      Now, I would like 85 deg, but with longer frame (I think my legs are enough tucked in).

I will ask for OFL measure on CAD drawing when ordering, so I'm sure both, on frame length and OFL.

My backrest is "adjustable backrest with leather material"
      http://www.heliummobility.eu/en_gb/i...upholstery.jpg

I want to make one thing clear: I wanted this chair (from the pic) to be as much light it can be (it is 9 kg without cushion).
      So it's not as comfortable as i wanted to be.
      My last Helium was with heavy J3 back and suspensions (16 kg with cushion).

With new TR3 I want to be somewhere in the middle
      Last edited by Nick87; 25 Feb 2013, 6:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick87 View Post
        I'm SCI 7 years and I had Quickie all that years (total 4 chairs, this chair is 5 months old). I'm sales rep in company that distributes Quickie and, few weeks ago, TiLite.
        This chair looked too nice for being 7 years old
        So I guess you'll get a better price than your customers.

Cause of long legs, I like to have my shoe heels scrubbing floor sometimes
        Same for me, this was my excuse for buying new shoes more often.

Front angle on OF of Helium Was 92 deg, but they measure angle between seat rail and front frame.
        I measured from frame front to floor (like on TiLite OF), it is 80 deg.
        Now, I would like 85 deg, but with longer frame (I think my legs are enough tucked in).

I will ask for OFL measure on CAD drawing when ordering, so i would be sure.
        As your legs are rather tucked in, you may want to have a closer look at footrest depth, the Helium I have seen had rather deep footrest, so maybe you could ask to get a deeper one than standard one at 6".
        Last edited by Big; 25 Feb 2013, 7:09 AM.
        My TR3

Comment

My backrest is "adjustable backrest with leather material"
          http://www.heliummobility.eu/en_gb/i...upholstery.jpg
          So it's going to be a big change with Roho agility back, it will be heavier and maybe your backrest may not fold as much.
          I don't know this backrest but have you considered whether it will reduce your seat depth and whether it will fit the rounded rigidizer bar?
          Last edited by Big; 25 Feb 2013, 7:48 AM.
          My TR3

Comment

Originally posted by Big View Post
            As your legs are rather tucked in, you may want to have a closer look at footrest depth, the Helium I have seen had rather deep footrest, so maybe you could ask to get a deeper one than standard one at 6".
            My footrest on current chair is tubular, 5"x7", an it's too small.
            You probably saw alu footrest, angle and depth adjustable, that one is bigger.
            I'm thinking to use titanium footrest with cover on TiLite.

So it's going to be a big change with Roho agility back, it will be heavier and maybe your backrest may not fold as much.
            I don't know this backrest but have you considered whether it will reduce your seat depth and whether it will fit the rounded rigidizer bar?
            My previous Helium was same seat depth as this one, but J3 back was pulled back a little, so I had deeper seat.

I think I'll maybe use Roho Jet Stream, both Jet Stream and Agility are new to me.
            My opinion is that hard backs add seat depth, aren't they?

Comment

You're using 24" wheels on your present chair. Why? For someone 6' 4" that must be like sitting in a kindergartner's chair. I'm 5' 9" and I use 25" wheels. I would imagine that you could easily use Spinergy 26" wheels. Before locking in specs for your new TR3, if you have access to an adjustable chair, I would experiment with larger wheels and explore that.

As for hard backs and seat depth, typically you lose some seat depth, but I guess that depends on the thickness of the cloth upholstery you're using.
              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

My footrest on current chair is tubular, 5"x7", an it's too small.
                You probably saw alu footrest, angle and depth adjustable, that one is bigger.
                I'm thinking to use titanium footrest with cover on TiLite.
                Yes I saw the alu footrest.
                TiLite titanium footrest with cover on is 6" deep but according to Stephen you can ask for custom depth.

I think I'll maybe use Roho Jet Stream, both Jet Stream and Agility are new to me.
                My opinion is that hard backs add seat depth, aren't they?
                It depends on the mounting hardware and also on depth of backrest rigidizer bar.
                My TR3

Comment

Yes I saw the alu footrest.
                  TiLite titanium footrest with cover on is 6" deep but according to Stephen you can ask for custom depth.
                  You can also request, as I did, to have the footrest welded parallel to the ground, not angled back.
                  stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                    You're using 24" wheels on your present chair. Why? For someone 6' 4" that must be like sitting in a kindergartner's chair. I'm 5' 9" and I use 25" wheels. I would imagine that you could easily use Spinergy 26" wheels. Before locking in specs for your new TR3, if you have access to an adjustable chair, I would experiment with larger wheels and explore that.

As for hard backs and seat depth, typically you lose some seat depth, but I guess that depends on the thickness of the cloth upholstery you're using.
                    I was always going towards that old rule: Your seat height is OK when you can touch your axles (center of wheel) with your fingertips.
                    I never really thought about taking bigger wheels. Here in Croatia that is not usual, everyone has 24", or 22" on pediatric chairs.

Comment

@~Lin - @ us fendered sideguards are standard, everyone has it. I don't know if they are available on Q7. Sideguards are attached on back post and have sort of "slider" on it when you're folding back.
                      They aren't standard here in the US. The standard sideguards are the plastic ones, and then you can upgrade to aluminum fendered ones. But last I looked carbon fiber fendered were not available at all.

And yes you typically lose seat depth with a hard shell back, the Jay3 hardware is the exception to that rule.
                      Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Lin View Post
                        They aren't standard here in the US. The standard sideguards are the plastic ones, and then you can upgrade to aluminum fendered ones. But last I looked carbon fiber fendered were not available at all.
                        Lin, you can look at European options here but at European prices
                        My TR3

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post

im 6'2 and always preferred 24 stephen. matter of taste i suppose.
                          Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com
                          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I was always going towards that old rule: Your seat height is OK when you can touch your axles (center of wheel) with your fingertips.
                            i totally agree.
                            Bike-on.com rep
                            John@bike-on.com
                            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

My thoughts mirrored Stephen's when I saw him in the chair, where I think he would greatly prefer 25's, getting much more out of each push.
                              C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                                im 6'2 and always preferred 24 stephen. matter of taste i suppose.
                                At the end of the day there's no substitute for personal preference.

Having said that. . . . logic would suggest that a larger person (no less, a 6' 4" para) would benefit from a larger wheel than someone who's a foot shorter. It's at least something he should consider. Also note how straight and tall Nick sits in his chair, which to my mind makes the argument for a larger wheel seem even more compelling.
                                stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Working...
                                X