15x17+1.5 80 Degree TiLite TR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaleB View Post
    If Top End and ORacing can incorporate this design (and manufacturing) element, TiLite could too. There had to be a constraint on the TiLite design or mfg process, IMO. It is technically possible, evidenced by it having been done.

The inset tubes bend back to same width as the frame at the rear.

Would one more bend have really blown the whole design and/or mfg process?

Really?!?
    Really.

To my knowledge, no custom box frame has three tubes that are all joined together at a single location where the sections of tubing have such complex curves. Keep in mind that that is one of the most stressed parts of the frame, and if the alignment isn't perfect, the whole frame will be off. I could see something like that being feasible if every frame was identical, but not for custom builds.

toto,

Why not see if Oracing would be willing to build frame with the same complex curves?

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
      Really.

To my knowledge, no custom box frame has three tubes that are all joined together at a single location where the sections of tubing have such complex curves. Keep in mind that that is one of the most stressed parts of the frame, and if the alignment isn't perfect, the whole frame will be off. I could see something like that being feasible if every frame was identical, but not for custom builds.

toto,

Why not see if Oracing would be willing to build frame with the same complex curves?

That's surprising, given their experience, technology, and reputation they kindle via their marketing.

I believe you, just surprised.

(I'm being purely speculative, but I bet nothing is impossible, rather, impractical within a given set of business driven constraints!)

I'm happy to be a guinea pig for any experiments in "single tube" designs, regardless.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Really.

toto,

complex curves?? those are complex curves
        Anyway i don`t think they could do it, they are just a little company that dosen`t have enough money to buy a good bend machine , but Ti could buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
          complex curves?? those are complex curves
          Anyway i don`t think they could do it, they are just a little company that dosen`t have enough money to buy a good bend machine , but Ti could buy it.
          They use their teeth, right? Even more impressive.
          stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

xxxx
            Really.

toto,

i dont know how complex the curves are - its not as though the competing designs have dead straight, unbent tubes... anyway, surely they can get around this by using either a one piece backpost/seatrail or a one piece backpost/lower frame, and welding onto it as necessary. thats what would look better anyway

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
              They use their teeth, right? Even more impressive.
              NOO, now they don`t bend the tubes with their teeth, the dentist was too expensive, so they put their ingineer to work on a new tube bending system and as you can see the result is awesone, now they dosen`t need to go to the gym

Comment

Working...
              X