Size of StimuLITE cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size of StimuLITE cushions

My wheelchair is 15"x15"(38cm x 38cm exactly), and I've adjusted it to about 15x14.
    I want to get a StimuLITE cushion, and fount their size is 14x14 or 16x16. So which one should I buy?
    Sorry for poor English

Stimulite will do any size, just ask

Comment

I can only order that online. And some type has 15x15,but expensive than other size.

Comment

Call Supracor (stimulite) and ask them. Give them your chair fabric size. I know they show a upcharge for special sizes, but the vendors may not. Maybe it was Sage, check around.
        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

yup, they will custom cut anything.
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com
          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I have 3 stimulites, bought online from sportaid, and all a custom size. Email them

Comment

I ordered my 17x17 through Wheelchair Sage. Excellent customer service.

Comment

As Pg2005 said...Wheelchair Cushion Sage. They have 15x15 or 15x14 sizes.

http://www.wheelchaircushionsage.com/

Comment

Be prepared for a bit of a wait on the custom size, I've had to wait quite a while to get my 15X16 Slimlines. That could just be a issue with the Canadian distributor though.

Comment

Thank you for your response.
                    If I just use 14x14, and use some velcro, will that be OK? My bottom is about 14" wide.
                    I think about the Pediatric Contoured Cushion, it's for child, so maybe more "soft"? And I not very heavy(140pound)

Comment

You can very easily get whatever size you want. Email gwen@sportaid.com. It will take about 2 weeks extra, and may be a few dollars more

Comment

I known sportaid and southwestmedical.
                        Is sage as reliable as them? "slow" Shipping is $5, don't know how slow

Comment

I was told if you fit on a cushion, you can use it. No weight limit. Sage was not slow. I went with the cheapest shipping and received it the following week. They even personally call you to let you know it was shipped. I'm very picky and they get my approval.

Comment

I was also wondering what size cushion to order for a tapered frame. amyk and other members strongly recommended that I buy a Stimulite tailored to fit, and I am following their advice and will be ordering the right size. That means getting a cushion that will last longer and give the protection it was designed for.

Comment

I wouldn't choose a child cushion thinking its softer, I think the pediatric cushions are the same stuff as the adult cushions. The difference is selecting the XS option to get the "extra soft" top layer.
                              Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Working...
                              X