No announcement yet.

16x18+1 85 Degree TiLite TR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this. This is very similar to the spec mine will be. Mine is to be 16x18, but 19" fsh and 15.5 rsh are probably what mine will measure although I'm toying with a ergo seat and am also toying with fsh of 18.5" and rsh of 15". (Current chair is 16x16, 19.5 fsh and 16" rsh.)

Comment

ok my tr2 is not tippy either but front heavy at 3.5 cog , 18.5 fsh and 14.5 rsh, 92 deg fixed back at 17 high. . i moved it to 4 cog, perfect now.
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

thank you, thats helpful. i have a very limited amount of space in my bathroom for turning around, and would like to be able to consider a wider angle - about +1.25 " is doable.

any insight on the cog changes would also be useful - my current tr2 has about 4-4.5 (square end) but i may need to lengthen the frame to use with my new yamaha jwx1 wheels. i need to add that to the 1.25 to estimate my new total.

Comment

t8...am actually also in process of attempting get driver license reinstated. That is 10+ years old and 1st need get by a pile of neurological issues. If get past that, like hand-eye coordination and speed among some, I think am capable of getting by others. Tried about 1-1/2 years ago they said i passed state requirement but a bit slow. Have practiced a lot of hand-eye with eyes closed.

Comment

Originally posted by sowseng View Post
            It looks like plus 2 inches insdeed of 1 inches.

Just heard from none other than Doug Garven himself. There is an additional 1/2" of tubing before the bend on a standard TR3 frame. Technically speaking, that makes this a 16x18+1.5" 85 degree frame.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
              Just heard from none other than Doug Garven himself. There is an additional 1/2" of tubing before the bend on a standard TR3 frame. Technically speaking, that makes this a 16x18+1.5" 85 degree frame.
              Thank for your information.
              Does this apply to ZR too?
              Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.sigpic

Comment

Bingo ... that about explains the unexplainable .8" OFL difference I noticed between your TR3 and my recent ZR:

TR3 18+1 85º = 25.1"OFL
                ZR 16+1 85º = 22.3" OFL
                diff> 2" OFL diff >> 2.8"

Comment

I would like this clarified, maybe even a drawing of some sort. I ordered my chair as 16" + 3/4" and one can run their finger under the bar to feel where the bending process starts and my bend starts exactly at 3/4" past the upholstry. That said, the bend seems to be a very slow bend, so maybe the extra 1/2" Doug claims is in the bend itself.
                  C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Comment

I wish I could tell you for certain. One of the TR3's in our pipeline does have more dump and has a seat size that I can fit in. It may take a few weeks, but I'll have a better idea when that chair arrives.
                    SCI_OTR, I look forward to your review of that chair. Looks like my plan of getting the TR3 this year has to be put on hold.

At the same time, if you have the opportunity, I would appreciate if you could check if the Round Betty CF back fits the rounded rigidizer bar of the TR3.

Thanks.
                    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
                    Tilite ZRA Series 2
                    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
                    Living One Day At A Time
                    www.petertan.com/blog/

Comment

Originally posted by Brianm View Post
                      I would like this clarified, maybe even a drawing of some sort. I ordered my chair as 16" + 3/4" and one can run their finger under the bar to feel where the bending process starts and my bend starts exactly at 3/4" past the upholstry. That said, the bend seems to be a very slow bend, so maybe the extra 1/2" Doug claims is in the bend itself.
                      Thus far not many CADs show OFL yet but yours does: 16 +.75 85º OFL 22.8”

Tube diameter and dump variations aside, my 16 +1.00 85º OFL of 22.3” would indicate your OFL should be roughly 22.1”, .7" less than shown.

BUT, throwing in what you've often pointed out, that TiLite adds a small amount of frame length to chairs equipped w/ FrogLeg suspension forks, your .7” excess is (maybe) explained. In the bend? The straight? Agree with you TiLite needs to clarify.

SCI_OTR - Occupied Frame Length is going to be a hugely-useful dimension, fills in the big blank between FSH and RSH. I'm sure your mission will succeed.
                      Last edited by nofuss; 18 Dec 2012, 4:07 PM. Reason: CADs

Comment

Two points of clarification nofuss...

1) I requested the OFL, hence why it is in my CAD and 2) SCI_OTR is actually the one that has stated TiLite adds length to chairs equipped with Frog Leg forks; this isn't something I have always subscribed to.

Comment

Here is a closeup, although blurry, picture that shows where my bend starts...

Comment

Here is a closeup, although blurry, picture that shows where my bend starts...
                            Might they measure from the top? The tube compression/radius doesn't appear to start for another little bit, measured that way.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

... I requested the OFL, hence why it is in my CAD ...
                              Right, as did I. Hopefully OFL will be a standard dimension once SCI_QTR bends a bunch of arms.

Comment

Tell me please, is there ability to reduce COG from 3.75'' to 3'' on a wheelchair in the start of this thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X