No announcement yet.

New TR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are NOT KIDDING you are REALLY GETTING RIPPED OFF if you are paying what is stated here!

Comment

I did not know the TR3 was that different to the TR2 for front forks/casters. That link I sent shows it for the TR2 (caster pin locks). Was that TiLite saying that, or your DME?

Originally posted by Big View Post
      French friend who ordered them in 2011 paid 225 euros for a ZR, the explanation I got for the difference is that this option does not exist for the TR3 so they have to design it. So I felt like if I was sponsoring TiLite R&D
      Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Originally posted by elarson View Post
        I did not know the TR3 was that different to the TR2 for front forks/casters. That link I sent shows it for the TR2 (caster pin locks). Was that TiLite saying that, or your DME?
        I heard it from my DME who heard it from French rep who heard it from TiLite, so who knows?
        My TR3

Comment

Originally posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
          You are NOT KIDDING you are REALLY GETTING RIPPED OFF if you are paying what is stated here!
          Welcome to Europe.
          The basic rule for prices for US equipment is "1 euro = 1 dollar" if you buy them in Europe, at least in France.
          That's why it's usually cheaper for us to buy from online shops despite international delivery cost. For equipment where you can be funded by government, you have to buy locally.
          My TR3

Comment

Big, I not in Europe. Never there. Even when working.

Comment

Follow Up

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
              I noticed a slight discrepancy between the CAD's at the beginning of the bend. Your chair may reflect the additional 1/2" of frame tubing that Doug Garven said that he added to the TR3. If I am interpreting the drawing correctly, however, the chair I'm waiting on will not have it. That also appeared to be the case with BrianM's chair.

We shall see.

I can confirm that the TR3 in this CAD had exactly 1.5" of frame tubing before the start of the bend. Based on the differences in how they marked the frame depth for each CAD, it appears your 19.5" frame depth may slightly longer.

Comment

Thanks a lot, I'll ask 19" frame depth, I prefer slightly shorter than longer.
                My TR3

Comment

Originally posted by Big View Post
                  Welcome to Europe.
                  The basic rule for prices for US equipment is "1 euro = 1 dollar" if you buy them in Europe, at least in France.
                  Only?? look what`s the basic prices of a TR3 here in Spain (3195 euros)
                  http://www.sipseating.com/_uploads/d...83a7a68717.pdf

I have done the order form of a TR3 with the options i would like, the cost go up to 5715 euros = $ 7.610.

Lucky i`m an oracing`s friend lol.

Comment

Yes Toto, you're right, it is worse.

If I was paying the chair entirely from my pocket it would be better for me to order from ORacing rather than from TiLite but as TiLite chairs are approved by government I can get roughly 600 euros from gov and 1200 from insurance. So I doubt the difference would be 1800 even though it's getting closer.
                    My TR3

Comment

I tested most of my TR measurements against my TX but one thing that makes it difficult to do: it's that the round design at the bottom of its backrest.
                      On the pic below, you can see that there is 1" gap between seat and front of the back post so one could say that my TX seat is 19" deep but it is still not true because the cushion is unable to fill the gap entirely due to the round design. With my cushion I can see that the seat front is 1/2" beyond the edge of the cushion.

Then there is the front, I took a photo from below as it better shows that there is 1/2" of tubing before the bend, same as what SCI_OTR said for TR3.

So overall, I think that going with frame depth of 19 or 19.5 will work for me.
                      Last edited by Big; 24 Jan 2013, 2:39 PM.
                      My TR3

Comment

It's about the same in Holland.

Just in case anyone is curious, here is a small comparison of typical manufacturer's suggested retail prices (MSRP) for a chair with Spinergy LX Wheels, compared between the EU and US, along with a US online dealer, using today's currency rate (at my bank) and not including shipping or taxes.

When I last checked on shipping to Europe, I was quoted less than $500. If you consider adding a lot of additional options, which often are priced even higher, you can see why people in Europe are not happy about prices.

Originally posted by totoL1 View Post
                        Only?? look what`s the basic prices of a TR3 here in Spain (3195 euros)
                        http://www.sipseating.com/_uploads/d...83a7a68717.pdf

I have done the order form of a TR3 with the options i would like, the cost go up to 5715 euros = $ 7.610.

Lucky i`m an oracing`s friend lol.
                        Last edited by elarson; 24 Jan 2013, 10:52 AM. Reason: Table did not format, replaced with an image
                        Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Little thing that bothers me: with tension adjustable seat upholstery, where will the first strap go, there is not a lot of space. So should it be in red, green or blue position?
                          My TR3

Comment

I'd be very surprised if it was anything other than the red path. Green would damage the strap fairly quickly. Blue would leave a gap of 3-4".

Comment

Yes this makes sense.
                              My TR3

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                                I can confirm that the TR3 in this CAD had exactly 1.5" of frame tubing before the start of the bend. Based on the differences in how they marked the frame depth for each CAD, it appears your 19.5" frame depth may slightly longer.
                                I may have an explanation: on my order form I wrote +1.5" (relative value) for custom frame depth and maybe you wrote the expected frame depth 19.5" (absolute value).
                                I just sent final specs and specified +1", we'll see how the CAD drawing comes out but I expect the frame depth to be 18" + 1" + 1/2"
                                My TR3

Comment

Working...
                                X