Round Betty CF Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round Betty CF Back

Has anyone tried the RB CF back? Thoughts?

E
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

I just discovered them a few days ago on their website. They look fantastic and at $349 it's priced hundreds less than the competition. Nice work, Erick!
    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
      I just discovered them a few days ago on their website. They look fantastic and at $349 it's priced hundreds less than the competition. Nice work, Erick!
      My thoughts exactly. I am also fond of the Katana Wheels. I like the idea of having only color on the spoke nipple. I know I could do this myself to any wire wheel but at $250 for the Katanas why would I? This is of course assuming these are all high quality products.
      E
      There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Essie View Post
        My thoughts exactly. I am also fond of the Katana Wheels. I like the idea of having only color on the spoke nipple. I know I could do this myself to any wire wheel but at $250 for the Katanas why would I? This is of course assuming these are all high quality products.
        E
        Colored nipples. What a concept! Why didn't I think of this?
        stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Colored nipples. What a concept! Why didn't I think of this?

Is that an off-colored joke? Pun intended.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

.125 ounces = .007 lbs

Is it really that light?
              Thats over 2.5 lbs lighter than my low, 14in wide varilite icon back. Tempting
              c6 inc since 2-19-11
              ex pro-am motocross racer
              tilite aero z s2

Comment

No post from Erick letting CC members know about it? What gives?

At that price, I have to admit that even I'm personally intrigued. There is a significant difference between the cost of equipment I can prescribe and what I can personally afford. That's closer to being in my ballpark than any custom back that I'd consider.

Erick may be the first manufacturer to accept the reality that much of the custom mobility equipment that is discussed in this forum will increasingly be purchased by individuals who pay out-of-pocket and base their decisions by looking at which products represent the best value for their needs. It's only a matter of time before pricing of higher-end products will be driven by what the market is willing to pay, and that market will increasingly be us.

Products like the Quickie QRi and Invacare/Top End Reveal show where future products are headed when product selection is driven by the "allowable" assigned to a given HCPC code.

Nice job, Erick!
                Last edited by SCI_OTR; 18 Nov 2012, 2:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wills77 View Post
                  .125 ounces = .007 lbs

Is it really that light?
                  Thats over 2.5 lbs lighter than my low, 14in wide varilite icon back. Tempting
                  I think they mean the mounting hardware:
                  "... It features a carbon fiber shell and CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminum mounting hardware. It only weighs a mere .125 ounces...
                  I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI_OTR View Post
                    No post from Erick letting CC members know about it? What gives?

At that price, I have to admit that even I'm personally intrigued. There is a significant difference between the cost of equipment I can prescribe and what I can personally afford. That's closer to being in my ballpark than any custom back that I'd consider.

Erick may be the first manufacturer to accept the reality that much of the custom mobility equipment that is discussed in this forum will increasingly be purchased by individuals who pay out-of-pocket and base their decisions by looking at which products represent the best value for their needs. It's only a matter of time before pricing of higher-end products will be driven by what the market is willing to pay, and that market will increasingly be us.

Products like the Quickie QRi and Invacare/Top End Reveal show where future products are headed when product selection is driven by the "allowable" assigned to a given HCPC code.

Nice job, Erick!
                    I know..I usually post here first on our new products. But I figured it would make it here quickly one way or another. Sure enough here it is.

Comment

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
                      I think they mean the mounting hardware:
                      "... It features a carbon fiber shell and CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminum mounting hardware. It only weighs a mere .125 ounces...

That is correct. For the shell and brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick [RB] View Post
                        I know..I usually post here first on our new products. But I figured it would make it here quickly one way or another. Sure enough here it is.
                        Do I get a discount for doing so? Hehe.

Comment

Wow! So, the only other weight is the padding?
                          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Sorry Erick, I call BS. A tennis ball weighs 2 ounces.

No way does the shell + hardware weigh just 0.125 ounces.

Comment

Originally posted by -scott- View Post
                              Sorry Erick, I call BS. A tennis ball weighs 2 ounces.

No way does the shell + hardware weigh just 0.125 ounces.

Woops...you are right. I feel foolish.I just looked at the posted weight on the website.That is a typo. It is amazingly light but not that light, I will get the accurate weights including cushion and re-post it.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X