Feet don't touch footplate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feet don't touch footplate

Ever since getting the Ride Designs cushion, my legs are more elevated and as a result, only the sole of my foot touches the foot plate and the rest is just floating, and as a result they pigeon-toe. I don't have foot drop or anything like that and my footplate is as high as it can go. Is there anything I can do to buildup the footplate?

Thanks!
    C7 ASIA C from Transverse Myelitis. Diagnosed on 12/19/09.

It would help if you posted what kind of wheelchair you have and the type of footplate it has.

ps. you need to put your cat on a diet.
    pps. Go Giants!

Comment

Hey hey he's not fat!! He's just a big kitty!

I have a TiLite Aero Z. Not sure what kind of footplate I have - it's flat?
      C7 ASIA C from Transverse Myelitis. Diagnosed on 12/19/09.

Comment

I guess we need to know how tall you are before we can pass judgment on the cat. I mean, if you're 7'4" we might be looking at a tiger cub. If you're 3'10" it might be a runt.

Tilite does sell a range of raised footplates. It starts on page 82 (or 2-19.3) of this pdf:
        http://estore.tilite.com/ecommerce/P...0Footrests.pdf

It's called a "HIGHMOUNT FOOTPLATE EXTENSION"

Or you could just go to the hardware store and get a bunch of washers for $0.15 each. You might need longer bolts, too. If you go to your local ACE or TrueValue hardware store (not HomeDepot or Lowe's) they'll make sure you have all the hardware you need and might even install it for a small fee.
        Last edited by brian; 10-25-2012, 11:42 AM.

Comment

A picture would be very helpful here.
          Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
            I guess we need to know how tall you are before we can pass judgment on the cat. I mean, if you're 7'4" we might be looking at a tiger cub. If you're 3'10" it might be a runt.
            I don't know man if you look at the head to body ratio of that cat, either it is the kitty equivalent of the banjo player in deliverance or it needs to stop trying to be Garfield

Comment

Originally posted by Crappler View Post
              A picture would be very helpful here.

Here you go:

Comment

Ummm... thanks Brian? I think you've done this to one of my questions before. Thanks for the laugh and keeping me on my casters.

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
                  LMFAO Yes, it is all about perspective.....

What about adding a padded footplate from sportaid (http://www.sportaid.com/wheel-comfor...otplate.html)? It would not add much height but....

E
                  There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crappler View Post
                    Thanks for the laugh and keeping me on my casters.
                    I see what you did there

Comment

Originally posted by MillsWheels View Post
                      I see what you did there
                      HaHA! I could hear Stewie saying that.

Comment

Working...
                      X