Hypothetically wheelchair vs exoskeleton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
    Dam right I would. Just think how cool it would be to have kids running up to the Robotman, instead of their folks pulling them away, like I have the plague. No more handicap parking spaces that are always full. No more wandering around looking for the ramp. No more having to be dragged up steps by my druinken friends. I could go work in the woods again. I could work on the car and trucks, without every move being a project, just to get close enough. Maybe even back to jumping.
    They are not on everybody's list but they are getting better. Rewalk, Eleggs and now Vanderbilt's model.
    http://news.vanderbilt.edu/2012/10/exoskeleton/

Comment

I hadn't seen those yet. They look pretty good. It's a good sign that there are more companies getting into this. Competition is a good thing!

Comment

Hell yes what more needs to be said? The butt sores alone are worth not haveing to sit all the time. And going from 4'6" back to my 6'4" again. Just all I can say is HELL YES.
        T6 complete

Comment

If I could use them to walk through the woods or hell even stand to piss in a toilet !!!! YES Exoskeleton

Comment

I want one more like Robocop or Ironman (especially the flying part). Otherwise they look bulky and clumsy. Besides, from what I've seen, you still have to use crutches or something. So where is the gain? Right now I think my RGO's have more style.

Of course, if they made me look handsome and muscular then I'd really want one. (It goes without saying that, in my case, the handsome part would require some sort of facial covering, like Ironman.)

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any super heroes in super chairs (Professor Xavier from X-Men not withstanding). I wonder what a super chair would look like...

Comment

If it worked as well as legs, meaning I can run, do cartwheels, go hiking etc.. Hell yes. Wheelchairs are pretty efficient though. If it takes me 10 minutes to get from the couch to the bathroom, no thanks. I do think exoskeletons are the cure though, it's just not happening anytime soon.
              Last edited by BoyFallDown; 10-31-2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Amputee to walk up 103 flights of Chicago skyscraper using thought-controlled 'bionic' leg that he helped to design

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-design.html

Comment

Exoskeleton and no crutches.....
                  REX

Comment

Working...
                  X