TiLite Chair issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiLite Chair issue

Good afternoon everyone. Lately I have been having this problem with my chair. This "bolt/nut" of my camber tube continues to loosen where my quikc release axles attach. It is only on one side and about twice a week I have to tighten it. Kind of strange.... any ideas?
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Try some lock tight on the thread
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Comment

Loctite x2. Or any similar thread locking compound.

Comment

medium or blue loc-tite not red

Comment

Thanks everyone! Just never had this issue before. And I am not very mechanical! I will get my husband to do that for me! I am sure we have it in the garage. Is that something that can be removed later if a part needs repaired etc? Kind of like plumbers tape-except a liquid?
          Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Also make sure your spring washers (lock washers) are in place and in good shape.

Chas
            TiLite TR3
            Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
            I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
            <
            UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Thread lockers like Loctite are similar to glue, except they are specifically designed to break free under enough torque so that the parts can be removed later. If you happen to pick the right glue it may serve the same purpose but you risk bonding the parts permenently or making them so difficult to remove that you damage them.

Comment

Originally posted by cfx View Post
                medium or blue loc-tite not red
                Originally posted by russianrob View Post
                . . . Is that something that can be removed later if a part needs repaired etc? Kind of like plumbers tape-except a liquid?
                Yes; the medium can be removed with tools. The red requires a torch - thus the warning. Read the label before applying. The red is made for use on internal-combustion engines.
                Chas
                TiLite TR3
                Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                <
                UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Working...
                X