mounting hand controls on a volvo v70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mounting hand controls on a volvo v70

of course my local mobility dealer wants 1100 to do these. my dad usually does mine. anyone have any experience installing these. i use mpd 3500 classic
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

If they want $1100 to install new hand controls in a Volvo I think it's a bargain.

To do a nice clean installation in a Volvo takes time.

Volvo's much like other european vehicles are usually tricky and need custom stuff made for each application.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Comment

Wow. That seems so high for just an install. I got a new Toyota last July and used the same hand controls out of my Honda. They ordered a new bracket, removed them from the Honda and installed them on the Toyota for $289.
      DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by offroaderswife View Post
        Wow. That seems so high for just an install. I got a new Toyota last July and used the same hand controls out of my Honda. They ordered a new bracket, removed them from the Honda and installed them on the Toyota for $289.
        i hear ya. other place i called said 930. thing is the bracket on our altima is the bracket mpd says to use for the volvo. the universal strap on.
        then the one place wants to put the stupid foot block on which i have sitting on a shelf.
        my dad did the altima hes going to give the volvo a go.
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
          of course my local mobility dealer wants 1100 to do these. my dad usually does mine. anyone have any experience installing these. i use mpd 3500 classic
          Mobility Dealers S*ck...

Just had HC installed in a bmw, the installer and manufacture told me $700 for the install and $500 for the special mount.

Had a friends son do it, took him two hours and he had never seen HC. Works great and turned out great. Oh, didn't need a special mount used the mount from the last install.

good luck!!!
          Living the Dream, C6/C7 incomplete.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Haze View Post
            Mobility Dealers S*ck...

Just had HC installed in a bmw, the installer and manufacture told me $700 for the install and $500 for the special mount.

Had a friends son do it, took him two hours and he had never seen HC. Works great and turned out great. Oh, didn't need a special mount used the mount from the last install.

good luck!!!
            yah, i hear you. the prices are absurd. now that i know i have the correct bracket, im confident my dad can do it.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com

Comment

Yeah, should be real easy...just a big clamp with the universal mount to the steering column shaft. Dont be afraid to trim and tunnel through plastic stuff to make a nice neat tucked in install.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                Yeah, should be real easy...just a big clamp with the universal mount to the steering column shaft. Dont be afraid to trim and tunnel through plastic stuff to make a nice neat tucked in install.
                our thoughts too. the altima was fairly simple.
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com

Comment

That's good news , glad all worked out .

Comment

Working...
                  X