What's your COG???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tooley View Post
    @pacrossbow - on your Zr2 were your black spoked/black hub Spinergy LXs special order or is Ti finally offering them that way?

Off topic, I know. Just curious.. Thanks for the pics to prove all the naysayers wrong. Next time take some of their money!
    tooley, good eye noticing that!

I had the black spokes with black hubs LXs special ordered through TiLite when I ordered the chair. I couldn't see ordering a black chair and having silver hubs. The front casters (forks too) have since been changed as well to black of course.

Comment

Originally posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
      tooley, the LXs by default are black spokes.
      Not with black hubs though.

Normally black spokes are with silver hubs and colored spokes are with black hubs.
      Last edited by pacrossbow; 10 Oct 2012, 11:24 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

I also lost my wheelie bars back in 93 as well.
        SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
        T4,5,6 Incomplete
        Chair: TiLite TR3

Comment

Do you folks popping wheelies have tippers on? I ride by chair through grass, dirt and just about anything. That was primary reason took them off. Plus kept reducing weight taking everyting off the thing I could.

I don't order anti-tips with any of my chairs. They restrict wheelies, curbs, steps, etc.

Comment

Do you folks popping wheelies have tippers on? I ride by chair through grass, dirt and just about anything. That was primary reason took them off. Plus kept reducing weight taking everyting off the thing I could.
            I haven't used anti-tippers for years, I can't even remember how long it's been. Okay yeah I do, the last Abilities Expo when all the factory chairs had them so you wouldn't fall over and sue them.

I don't want the weight and they can really get in the way. They can also be noisy. I've got my COG at 2.25 right now and I am right at that balancing point. I'm too old and tired to worry any more about falling backwards and that COG makes me feel safe enough but still able to wheelie when I need to. I would like more but with my current dump, this is what works. I hear you about off-road, wheelies are the only way. I actually get a little confused when I see a wheeler with anti-tips then I remember that everyone is different and has different needs. What ever helps is the right way to go.

Up to me? I'd have a rigid 6 inch seat back and a wicked COG but I couldn't use a chair like that for 5 seconds. Would be sporty as hell though ;-)

Comment

Ok, just measured mine, my COG is at 4". I like it like this but it does limit how much weight I can take in the backpack! Backrest is 8" high (measured from cusion) and it's set up so I've got a very upright sitting position, but my upper body is completely unrestricticed which I love.

Re antitippers: I hate them, I took them off a few months into rehab much to the horror of the staff! The limit what you can do and they give you a false sense of security because you can still go over backwards. You need to learn to feel when you're about to overballance and correct it yourself, not rely on antitips.
              T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Comment

Gee all this talk, I feel like a wimp. I can do better now that I have a sense of control of the chair. I'm moving off ground zero, slammed all the way back in the axle mount on the quickie.
                I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by pacrossbow View Post
                  calling BS on the wrong person my friend. C6/7 quad no amputee here.

both pictured are my everyday chairs.

one of my other chairs with a 6.5" COG, 19" FSTF, and 16.5" RSTF:
                  Great pictures, thanks. I wouldn't have thought it was possible based on how I feel when I get in to the higher numbers but you're doing it just fine and you want even more COG. What surprised me even more was that you and I are so close in FSH-RSH numbers. I'm 19FSH 16RSH. SCI_OTR knows his stuff for sure, I guess COG numbers just don't apply evenly to everyone. It always comes back to the same thing, everyone is different. Nice looking chairs by the way.

It's hard to find that balancing point (no pun intended) on comparing yourself to others and understanding that things will be different. I know my set-up, which has taken me years to figure out, works for me. That has to be what matters.

Comment

Working...
                  X