audi a4 avant wagon ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audi a4 avant wagon ???????

anyone drive one. we are wanting a wagon fior hauling all our sports shit around. i like the look of the audi. 09 and up. they keep great reviews and they look roomy. curious how hard to mount hand ciontrols. my dad does mine save me lots of money.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

A word of warning, they are far less roomy than they look.

My BIL was looking at them as a replacement for his A6 All Road due to it's high running costs and decided that the A4 lacked the ability to carry two adults, one eight year old, a Golden Retriever and all the crap that goes with them.

If memory serves you get about 17 cubic feet with the back seat up and only 50 with them folded down.

Comment

Originally posted by Timaru View Post
      A word of warning, they are far less roomy than they look.

My BIL was looking at them as a replacement for his A6 All Road due to it's high running costs and decided that the A4 lacked the ability to carry two adults, one eight year old, a Golden Retriever and all the crap that goes with them.

If memory serves you get about 17 cubic feet with the back seat up and only 50 with them folded down.
      i hear you but to me, coming from a 4 door altima, thats a ton of space
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
        i hear you but to me, coming from a 4 door altima, thats a ton of space
        Very true!

Other than the carrying capacity BIL thought it an excellent and very refined car, he was test driving a 2 liter diesel quattro.

Comment

Get a CTS Wagon, you can get one used under 30K. Plenty of space, 28 mpg and reliable, those german cars have too many funky problems, the GM's are a lot easier to work on, parts are a lot less and maintenance is a lot more basic.
          "Life is about how you
          respond to not only the
          challenges you're dealt but
          the challenges you seek...If
          you have no goals, no
          mountains to climb, your
          soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

i didnt realize caddy had a wagon i thought just a crossover. very cool avatar curt u look totally ab there........definately going used, i'll never buy new again.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com

Comment

I think your smart in doing that, especially a car like th Audi or Caddy, when you consider you could find a 2010 for around 25 grand on what was a 50 grand car new, that's a heck of a savings. Just check it out carefully to make sure it was not been in a bad wreck or anything. You can't always go by carfax, sometimes wrecks don't get recorded, somebody is friends with the guy who owns the body shop or whatever. And a new car is not always totally safe either, you never even know what happened with that car, trust me I know. The CTS wagon is a very cool car and you don't see many either so you'd be fairly unique driving it. Plus hand control install on that car is a breeze, transfer is level and it is very comfortable. A lot of people according to the Caddy forums say it's the best car they have ever owned. Try to get the 3.6 motor if you can, it has more grunt than the 3.0 motor and gets about the same gas mileage. The handcycle can fit in the back if it is tilted sideways when you put it in. Straight up and down the crank will not clear and hit the roof as it not all that tall and fairly low profile. You should do a autotrader.com search for one and even if you have to fly in to get one from a distance if it's what you want and good deal it might be worth your while, these cars are a little tougher to find as they are so rare, but they are out there. I'm getting a CTS-V wagon which is a 556 hp hotrod but a real gas hog.
              "Life is about how you
              respond to not only the
              you have no goals, no
              mountains to climb, your
              soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

I have a 2007 Volvo V70R I looked at the Audi but it was not big enough, I use it to haul my handcycle, racing chair, day chair, luggage and one more person at a time with no issues.

Of note the current Volvo v70xc has more room
                Blog of Me

http://brianemartin.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by swimcrankpush View Post
                  I have a 2007 Volvo V70R I looked at the Audi but it was not big enough, I use it to haul my handcycle, racing chair, day chair, luggage and one more person at a time with no issues.

Of note the current Volvo v70xc has more room
                  they seem to be lessd pricey too. is it level transfer brian?
                  Bike-on.com rep
                  John@bike-on.com

Comment

Just checked its basically level, I ride 25" wheels and I would say I am within an inch or two +/- getting into the car

The v70xc is a few inches higher but not much my dad has one and that will be my next car unless I can get funding for a lamborghini

And yup less then an Audi
                    Blog of Me

Comment

Originally posted by swimcrankpush View Post
                      Just checked its basically level, I ride 25" wheels and I would say I am within an inch or two +/- getting into the car

The v70xc is a few inches higher but not much my dad has one and that will be my next car unless I can get funding for a lamborghini

And yup less then an Audi
                      quick question, would just your force r and reg chair fit in the a4. volvo only makes the crossover now. not much v70 stock out there, v50 thou, theres a few. i need to go through a dealer so i can trade in my altima. i dont want to screw around selling it myself.
                      Bike-on.com rep
                      John@bike-on.com

Comment

Not sure if it will fit in an a4 I still have to remove the rear wheel on mine and I think the a4 is not as long. The R is a long bike.

XC70 is what my dad drives not a v70xc its my next car you should look at that.
                        Blog of Me

Comment

thx guys. we lucked out and found a mint v70 2008 with 34k miles, certified preowned 6 year 100k warranty. it was a houswifes care. all maintenance done at the volvo dealer. just came in on trade 2 days prior....... perfect for our needs.

you were right the a4 avant was sharp but hella small.
                          Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
                            I'm getting a CTS-V wagon which is a 556 hp hotrod but a real gas hog.
                            That's one effing amazing wagon! Do you know how the cargo area(rear seats up) compares to the 5 Series wagon?

pat@beachmobility.com

Comment

25 cubic feet with the rear seats up and 122 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down. The V wagon is essentially the same car as the Sedan or Coupe, just a different body. Very expensive car though to buy, operate and tires are not cheap either @ 500 bucks each.
                              "Life is about how you
                              respond to not only the
                              you have no goals, no
                              mountains to climb, your
                              soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Working...
                              X