Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

memory foam mattress overlay recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memory foam mattress overlay recommendations?

Can somebody recommend a specific memory foam or gel mattress overlay? Currently sleeping on a Hill-Rom NP100 mattress which was too firm, so I added a memory foam overlay from Walmart. Worked fine for a few years, but had to be replaced. Bought a 4" Cloud9 on-line, but have been developing some redness. I don't remember the specific make/model of the one I purchased at Walmart, and they don't seem to have any in stock. Would appreciate any recommendations.

Are the ones that advertise gel & foam mixture any good?

If you have the funds why not a sleep number...its the best money i ever spent.

Comment

Memory foam get super hot, it really doesn't allow your skin to breath. This was my complaint as an always freezing quad and others I know have voiced the same opinion.

Something to think about.
      Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

I would get anything but memory foam. My experience was the same as Cheesecake...hot and sweaty even in the dead of winter.
        T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

The Cloud9 I have now and the one from Walmart were/are both memory foam. Never had a problem with heat. I've always used a cover that helps with ventilation.

Comment

i agree memory foam is hot as he** i can't sleep when im hot

Comment

Originally posted by elizabeth422 View Post
              This is good info for me about the memory foam, I've been wondering. I sleep hot in a cold room. Don't know if Ill ever have the money for a Sleep Number but I should start checking out some new mattresses. Man the money stuff never ends. Next thing on my list is a new Tilite TR3. Probably costs as much as a new bed.

Comment

I got mine from qvc I was able to break the payments up and pay a certain amount each month for about 6 months. If it wasn't for that I never could have gotten one.

Comment

I got mine from qvc I was able to break the payments up and pay a certain amount each month for about 6 months. If it wasn't for that I never could have gotten one.
                  Are you talking about a Sleep Number bed? I didn't know QVC sold them.

Comment

Yep they sell them I'm laying on mine right now sleep number adjustable bed

Comment

And they are cooler then memory foam? I was thinking they were memory-foam like, so would be hot too. Are they really worth the money?

My Dad also hates the memory foam and has taken it off his bed, but his skin is getting red.

Comment

I never get too hot on my memory foam. well, maybe in summer if the ac isn't working.

I tend to run cold though. My body temp is 96.5, and I have some circulation issues and usually am cold at night. When sharing a bed it isn't unusual to have a blanket and comforter on while my partner uses just a sheet or blanket.
                        Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

i disagree. we use a 2 in high density serta mem foam overlay. theres zero heat imo. we always use a matress cover thou for those occassional cath blow offs. they need replaced yearly they lose their pressure relieving qualities and get uncomfy.
                          buy good ones theres a huge difference.
                          Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com
                          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                            i disagree. we use a 2 in high density serta mem foam overlay. theres zero heat imo. we always use a matress cover thou for those occassional cath blow offs. they need replaced yearly they lose their pressure relieving qualities and get uncomfy.
                            buy good ones theres a huge difference.
                            Serta, that's one brand I was looking at, Thank you.

Comment

Tell me about the bed, what do you like about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X