X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have presta, i prefer them.

Comment

Originally posted by rollin64 View Post
      yea, i've only used schraders. it just seems like most 1" tires i've seen have presta valves. i know ya can get those lil adapters for em. if they don't leak down as quick, that would be a plus to me. i've always had 24x1 3/8 wheels and tires with the schraders and it seems like i need air about every week. even with brand new wheels, tires and tubes.
      You will not find a difference in leakage. The rubber is porous and air is constantly leaking through the tubes. The higher the pressure, the faster the leakage. Also the leakage has a greater impact on small diameter tires that have a reduced volume of air. You are not getting leakage from the valves
      You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
      http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
      http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

One major difference between schrader and presta valves is the amount of initial air loss when removing the pump from the stem. If you find that because of the way your hand works that you always lose a lot of air pulling off a pump, then switching to prestas would be a good idea.

Most people are not going to notice much of a difference.

However, putting presto valve tires onto rims that were drilled for schrader valves leaves a lot of room for the valve stem to flex and rub. The stem / tube join is the weakest part of the tube anyway.
        Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Comment

Originally posted by IsMaisin View Post
          One major difference between schrader and presta valves is the amount of initial air loss when removing the pump from the stem. If you find that because of the way your hand works that you always lose a lot of air pulling off a pump, then switching to prestas would be a good idea.

Most people are not going to notice much of a difference.

However, putting presto valve tires onto rims that were drilled for schrader valves leaves a lot of room for the valve stem to flex and rub. The stem / tube join is the weakest part of the tube anyway.
          That is what i like of the presta, loss zero air when i remove the pump.
          About the hole in the rim, just take out the rim strip, stick a washer where the valve hole, hit the washer until it gets the rim form and put a presta rim strip.

Comment

Hey! Last beer I had is now 10+ years ago. Yes I had alcohol day of my accident, but that not reason. Speeding was. I need to post a picture of my car. I had a ride to hospital via helicoptor.

Comment

Originally posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
              Hey! Last beer I had is now 10+ years ago. Yes I had alcohol day of my accident, but that not reason. Speeding was. I need to post a picture of my car. I had a ride to hospital via helicoptor.
              Could be the alcohol the reason of the speed?
              Anyway i don`t know what this have to do with the thread.
              I had a ride to hospital via helicoptor too, but i can`t remember it.
              Motorbike accident without alcohol and to much speed taking bends.

Comment

I always thought that was how I'd crash, but ended up getting a nasty tank slapper and veering off to the side through a fence, a fence post folded me in half. I wanted to kick myself when I was told I crashed in a straight line! Riding again now anyway! Didn't learn haha
                T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Comment

I see most of ya live in cities and use skinny tires. I myself live in the country and gravel, mud and hillsides are where I travel 80% of the time. I couldn't get to my car with small tires.
                  I use kenda MTB tires and tubes and only have 25 psi or less at all times. The primary reason being shock absorption, second, TRACTION...when you are constantly going up and down steps and over rough ground, thru gravel, etc., riding on wagon wheels just won't do. I rarely get flats and the tires need to be changed about every year or so.

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Working...
                  X