Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts on my new TR3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    My thoughts on my new TR3

    I've had my TR3 for a little over a week now and damn is it nice! I had no clue as to how worn out my old TR was until I got my TR3. The lobby area at my work is tile and with my old chair it sounded like a train on railroad tracks when I'd roll through. My new chair doesn't make a sound and several co-worker's have pointed this out as well. I drive a sedan, so I take my chair apart everyday and I can say that the lower frame tube now being tucked under the chair a little more appears to make the transfer alot smoother and the weight of the new TR3 is so much lighter that it makes the tranfer easier also.
    There's nothing that I don't like about the chair. Great chair in my book!!!
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

    #2
    Great news, Stumpy. I also have a TR3 on order that will arrive at my house on Monday. I have been hearing a lot of good things about this chair, and when I tested one in Orlando a few weeks ago, I knew it was the right chair for me.

    I have an old Kucshall (my original chair from '93) that I am now using because I wore out my Colours Eclipse. Used that chair for about 14 years. I find that I prefer box frames so I'm sure I'll keep the TR for a long time. I may have to change out some parts and polish the frame but I bet I can get 15 or 20 years out of the sucker.

    Comment


      #3
      I had 11 yrs on my old TR and it was and still is a nice chair. It now has become my backup chair along with being another toy for my niece and nephew.

      My old chair has the polish finish, but I wanted something different this time so I went with the satin finish.
      SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
      T4,5,6 Incomplete
      Chair: TiLite TR3

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks for the review SBM, had a TR, went to the ZR2, going bacK TR.

        Comment


          #5
          Where

          Originally posted by stumpybushman View Post
          I've had my TR3 for a little over a week now and damn is it nice! I had no clue as to how worn out my old TR was until I got my TR3. The lobby area at my work is tile and with my old chair it sounded like a train on railroad tracks when I'd roll through. My new chair doesn't make a sound and several co-worker's have pointed this out as well. I drive a sedan, so I take my chair apart everyday and I can say that the lower frame tube now being tucked under the chair a little more appears to make the transfer alot smoother and the weight of the new TR3 is so much lighter that it makes the tranfer easier also.
          There's nothing that I don't like about the chair. Great chair in my book!!!
          Hey stumpybushman,

          Where in NE GA are you located? I'm in Braselton

          -Jason

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by stumpybushman View Post
            I've had my TR3 for a little over a week now and damn is it nice! I had no clue as to how worn out my old TR was until I got my TR3. The lobby area at my work is tile and with my old chair it sounded like a train on railroad tracks when I'd roll through. My new chair doesn't make a sound and several co-worker's have pointed this out as well. I drive a sedan, so I take my chair apart everyday and I can say that the lower frame tube now being tucked under the chair a little more appears to make the transfer alot smoother and the weight of the new TR3 is so much lighter that it makes the tranfer easier also.
            There's nothing that I don't like about the chair. Great chair in my book!!!
            Congrats! I have my order going in today.

            If you don't mind sharing, what is your configuration? Also, photos.
            -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Jim View Post
              Thanks for the review SBM, had a TR, went to the ZR2, going bacK TR.
              I love how the ZR looks. Not much to it. However, in the end I chose to go with the TR3.

              Hope you're doing well, buddy.
              -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

              Comment


                #8
                yup i went from colours box frames through 2 zr and 1 zr2 now tr. i'll never go back to cantilever. also, i highly recommend the solid welded back, this makes the chair so friggin solid. i must say, this is my fave chair in 25 yrs as a gimp, ive had many.
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com
                c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                sponsored handcycle racer

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                  yup i went from colours box frames through 2 zr and 1 zr2 now tr. i'll never go back to cantilever. also, i highly recommend the solid welded back, this makes the chair so friggin solid. i must say, this is my fave chair in 25 yrs as a gimp, ive had many.
                  Yep, solid backs make differences, if i wouldn`t be seating in a Oracing i will be in a full welded RGK Maxlite or a full welded TR.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    @jbridges9 I'm about 15 miles east of Helen.

                    @ResonantEcho Here's the link to my post with pics and spec's. I also added my CAD drawing to the CAD sticky.
                    https://www.carecure.net/forum/showthread.php?t=200294
                    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
                    T4,5,6 Incomplete
                    Chair: TiLite TR3

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Going with the TR3 next and want it as light as possible. My ZR2 is much heavier than TR was. I'm gonna trash my shoulder lifting it in Jeep.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Jim View Post
                        Going with the TR3 next and want it as light as possible. My ZR2 is much heavier than TR was. I'm gonna trash my shoulder lifting it in Jeep.
                        Go for it. But I don't see how the TR3 is going to be much lighter.
                        stephen@bike-on.com

                        Comment


                          #13
                          actually the tr series is noticably lighter. roughly 4 pounds, in my case anyway. huge difference getting it in/out of my car.
                          Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com
                          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                          sponsored handcycle racer

                          Comment


                            #14
                            According to TiLite's site, they weigh the same.

                            http://www.tilite.com/assets/pdf/Chair_Comparison.pdf
                            Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Crappler View Post
                              According to TiLite's site, they weigh the same.

                              http://www.tilite.com/assets/pdf/Chair_Comparison.pdf

                              According to the TiLite engineer who designed the TR3 (straight from the horse's mouth to my inbox), the frame is about 1/4lb lighter than the ZR2. Now it may perform like it's a much lighter chair, but the transfer weight should be close to identical.
                              stephen@bike-on.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X